Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: March 19, release

We understand that and we plan to get it out there ASAP.
    Everybody needs friends! Aaron's Facebook Page

Adept Sorcerer
    If you can make that animation speeds could be adjusted in combat board in future builds it would be great.

edit:
    Also if more city names could be put in the game it would be great too. I started a game and in turn 60 draconias have run out of coty names already.

Both noted.

Arcane Candidate
    Any ETA for the DRM-Free version yet? Really looking forward to this game.

We've delayed the DRM-Free version a bit. We've run into a number of unexpected bugs and we are working hard to get everything polished a bit before we release it. We want to get it out fast, but we don't want to rush it. (It turns out that rushing can have unpleasant results.)

Adept Sorcerer
    You don't say...

(sorry Aaron, you kind of asked for it :P)

Yea, lol, I know.

Adept Sorcerer
    Ouch, Gamespot's review is BRUTAL.
    This is gonna hurt.
    Hope you guys can recover...

We feel confident we will. And frankly, I think "Ridiculous" might be an even better way to describe the Gamespot review.

Our plan is to keep improving the game and spreading the word. If our players are pleased with the game word of mouth will help ensure sales for a long time to come.

Adept Sorcerer
    Aaron, it's certainly good if the team remains unfazed after a wrong turn - be careful not to turn this into denial, though.

That review is surely unfair and misdirected. Still, it's a score of "2" (!) on a pretty major magazine, and some of the issues it raises should be taken seriously.
    The point about the "palette swap" between planes, for instance, has some merit imho.

Other points, not so much, yet I think that with a better presentation (like, using cutscenes or even static screens for relevant events, a thing we've been asking for since the beginning) the reviewer might have become more "immersed" in the game and might have found himself in a more forgiving mood, so to speak.

Anyway, that one is behind us too, at this point.
    I still hope for the future of the game!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast