Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Non DRM When ?

Personally I'm with Greybriar in that I'm fine with waiting for a more stable build but I understand Allians point. Fortunately I've got a ton of other games coming out around now that I'm content with playing (Pillars of Eternity atm, Age on Wonders III expansion on Tues., etc.) and as a "future content" backer I'm in it with WoM for the long run so a few weeks here or there doesn't make much of a difference. I haven't gotten a chance to play the game yet so I can't say for sure but my hope is that, like MoM, WoM will be a game I constantly go back to for years to come. If I recall correctly MoM was pretty bug filled at launch as well, as are Elder Scrolls games usually, yet they're some of my favorite games of all time.

Mage of the Inner Tower Endless Rain's Avatar
    I'm doing the same thing as Asmodai. I'm fine waiting a few more weeks, or months, if I need to, for a polished game. My favorite game of all time, Skyrim, was also extremely buggy at release, but with the unofficial patches I haven't seen a single bug in my current playthrough. I've also finally started to play the original Master of Magic. My first game ended with me accidentally trapping myself on my island. Hopefully my next will be better.

Caster of the Inner Tower
    I did feel a bit "it's unfair" at the beginning to see the Steam people getting the game, but having to wait for weeks (months?) before getting it, but I do understand the reasons behind it, and I do trust WI to make the right decisions, and being also a "future content" backer, I definitely care more about the long term.

But in all honesty, I will say that you should be thankful to Pillars of Eternity giving me a great game to play while waiting

Anyway, good luck and keep up the good work !

Thanks for the understanding guys. I can see how it would be frustrating...
    Everybody needs friends! Aaron's Facebook Page

Arcane Candidate
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmodai View Post
    I believe what he's saying is that while Greybriar may be fine with waiting for the DRM-free version until the game is "in much better shape" people who don't mind the DRM version have a choice. They can elect to play the game now in it's current state if they so desire while those wanting a DRM-free version have no such choice available to them. Allian seems to be saying he'd prefer to play the DRM-free version now, bugs and all, over having to wait for it to be "in much better shape".
    Thank you for understanding!

I am not sure, would I play now if I could, but I'd prefer to have choice. I often cant resist playing early access games.

Though I can wait too if have no choice. I still have EU4 with fresh patch. :-)

Adept Sorcerer
    Well, @kilobug, if it makes you feel it any better I have it on Steam but I'm waiting for the items on the "development road map" to be added before playing.
    Also not getting PoE because Sawyer happened.

Quote Originally Posted by mastroego View Post
    Also not getting PoE because Sawyer happened.
    Sawyer happened?

Mage of the Inner Tower Endless Rain's Avatar
    Josh Sawyer is the project director for Pillars of Eternity. I can't find anything about why anyone would want to boycott the game over him though. The only controversy I could find, at all, was something about an offensive joke written by a KS backer that slipped through the cracks prior to release. I think it was patched out by now though, so it that was why you're boycotting the game, it's probably gone now.

Adept Sorcerer
    Well my answer got swallowed by the forum... again.
    Guess I'll have to give up.

I am willing to accept your surrender, and to discuss the terms. Please don't expect mercy however...I am a necromancer.

-Morloc

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast