Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Non DRM When ?

Adept Sorcerer
    Well, actually I have a handy solution: just visit rpgcodex, PoE's review from Darth Roxor is up.
    It's a "tad" long, but it should clarify why I stay clear of Sawyer's games

Aside from the complaints about the writing, it's all "I wanted this to be more like AD&D" and "I'm bad at combat and don't understand the game mechanics."

I can appreciate the time (s)he put into making the review, and I certainly can appreciate having a good complain about something, but that review was uninspiring. Maybe if Darth Roxor hadn't tried to treat it like Baldur's Gate 3, especially once it was pretty clear it wasn't that, they might have been able to enjoy it more - or at least piece together a better review.

Quote Originally Posted by mastroego View Post
    Well, actually I have a handy solution: just visit rpgcodex, PoE's review from Darth Roxor is up.
    It's a "tad" long, but it should clarify why I stay clear of Sawyer's games
    Assuming this is the review you are referring to.
    I didn't read the giant wall of text as RPG Codex isn't a site I'm familiar with personally (not saying it's not a big site, I honestly have no idea as it's not one I've ever visited... though I did get a pop-up ad going there which is a huge minus) nor is Darth Roxor a name I'm familiar with to put any merit in his/her opinion. In fact the use of a handle like "Darth Roxor" instead of actually putting a real name on the review is an immediate warning sign for me. Maybe it's common knowledge in the RPG Codex community who Darth Roxor is but it's not to me. I did however search the page for "Sawyer" to try to figure out what the heck you're talking about and the ONLY references at all in that giant wall of text are a made up set of quotes mocking a single feature in the game (resting at the keep). So you're boycotting the game because there are load screens that make resting at a keep, an activity you never HAVE to do, annoying? Or maybe you're just boycotting the game because it got a bad review. Well if you boycott every game you can dig up one bad review about on the internet you won't be playing any games at all.

In any event none of this has anything to do with the topic "Non DRM When ?" or Worlds of Magic in general so lets try to get back on topic. If you want to discuss this further feel free to do so in the "Offtopic" forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    In any event, we are working on it. And I feel the term "right around the corner" could now be applied to the DRM-Free version.
    As this post was on the 10th of April I'm starting to feel this is quite a large corner it was right around.

It's now been six weeks since release on steam and still no game for us backers that don't use steam. I don't really want to keep ragging on this but do feel let down by the way it's been handled.

It is a larger corner... Sorry about that. It's one of the reasons I didn't give a specific date. Our timetable has gotten reshuffled (as it has many times during this process). We want to get it to you guys as soon as we can. But we've been caught by "too soon" more than once.
    Everybody needs friends! Aaron's Facebook Page

GOG Galaxy (auto-updates DRM-free games) is in open beta now... just sayin'.

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodai View Post
    GOG Galaxy (auto-updates DRM-free games) is in open beta now... just sayin'.
    Oh man, that is awesome! It's just what GOG needed!
    My RPG Design and Theory Blog: http://socratesrpg.blogspot.com/

Yea. That is awesome. I got an e-mail about it yesterday.
    Everybody needs friends! Aaron's Facebook Page

Caster of the Inner Tower
    Still no Linux version for GOG Galaxy, but I'll give it a try when they make the Linux version in beta

I came here wanting to voice my opinion on the current "Steam Only" playable state.

First, I have a Steam account, though I dislike Steam with a passion. However, every time I do go "online" with Steam, there seems to be some sort of update for Worlds of Magic. As others have said, I'll wait for the bugs to be taken care of, happily

Second, I have not been beta testing or playing. I did try once and never got past the first turn in the tutorial. I want my "first time" to be a first time, not a hundredth time. I also want a physical copy of a manual in hand before I tackle this game. There are enough differences between this and the game it is "spiritually succeeding"

Third, I am worried about the Steam Release, but have not read through the whole thread yet. Will Steam take over my installation as Origin did with my Dragon Age: Origins install when I installed Kingdom of Amular?

Last, and definitely not least, thanks for the dev replies I have seen thus far. Communication is vital when using other people's money for projects. Well done
    - Al

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast