Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Non DRM When ?

Thanks for the post!

The non-DRM version is drawing nearer. We've just had a lot on our plates and we wanted to make sure that the non-DRM launch goes as smoothly as possible. We don't want to shoot ourselves in the foot (again, lol). We appreciate the patience and we're working hard to get it put out soon.
    Everybody needs friends! Aaron's Facebook Page

Apprentice
    Anything new about the GOG Version?

We are hoping to get a solid date very soon. As soon as we have one we intend to announce it.

Mage of the Inner Tower Endless Rain's Avatar
    Since the DRM-free version is taking so long, I think you should give DRM-Free backers steam keys so they can play now, then when the DRM-free version is available, give them a copy of the DRM-free version.

As it's now been nearly 4 months since release for steam only and a good few months since I last asked, do you finally have any idea when us non steam guys might be able to even look at the game we payed to help develop, I for one am now getting seriously hacked off about the way we are being treated and am beginning to dislike a game I've payed for but never even played yet.

I sincerely understand your frustration Otto. And I can tell you this: We just rolled out the beta for version 1.2.0 and we intend to launch the non-DRM version with it. We have to fix a few bugs before we move it from beta, however, that will probably happen next week (although we can't be sure, of course). Shortly after that build goes live we should get a firm non-DRM launch date. As soon as I get my hands on that I intend to do a KS update.

We are very sorry for the delay, but we have put a great deal of work into the game to take it from 1.0.0 to 1.2.0 and you're going to get to play a better, more stable game because of the time we took.

It's my hope that we're going to get a firm date before the end of next week. Either way, as soon as I know something I plan to let the community know.

Mage’s Assistant
    Quote Originally Posted by Endless Rain View Post
    Since the DRM-free version is taking so long, I think you should give DRM-Free backers steam keys so they can play now, then when the DRM-free version is available, give them a copy of the DRM-free version.
    Mate, the AI is completely boned for now. So there is no point in playing other than exploring your play style options and spells. The AI is just there as a punching bag. So no rush IMHO.

Well at least you've been able to play the game for a while to come to that conclusion to the rest of us sad saps we have still to even fire up the game let alone know it's boned before we play it cheers for that.

Mage of the Lesser Tower
    Quote Originally Posted by Otto von Blotto View Post
    Well at least you've been able to play the game for a while to come to that conclusion to the rest of us sad saps we have still to even fire up the game let alone know it's boned before we play it cheers for that.
    I think he's right. You're getting a better deal by waiting longer and getting a better product, imho.

The grass is always greener on the other side, I guess.

Mage’s Assistant
    Quote Originally Posted by Otto von Blotto View Post
    As I did mention, you can still 'play' and check out spells, and experiment with sorceror builds. But ultimately until they fix the AI, it's like playing MOM on the Intro Level difficulty. AI will maybe take some neutral cities, maybe build or find a settler. And that's it.

And I do think Wasteland are being wise to at least prevent one part of the backers to experience the 'released' game in this 'state'. The saving grace in all of this is that they managed to cram in the actual mechanics that made MOM awesome, so as long as they figure out the AI you'll be in for a treat.

And having burned over 100 hours in 'pointless games', I hope that won't make me less interested in the game once it's ready to go.
    Last edited by MedievalNerd; 07-13-2015 at 03:21 PM.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast