Thread: Worlds of Magic -- Wow!

Arcane Candidate

Worlds of Magic -- Wow!

Wastelands Interactive came through with their promises on creating a next-generation Masters of Magic. Endless kudos for everything they got right (including lightning fast bug fixes). And even more kudos for the improvements over MoM such as production queuing, being able to prospect for new town sites and instantly moving your hilighted settler to the desired spot, etc. The game is incredibly compelling to play, and the worlds/planes are proving to be interesting, not bulky. The current races are excellent representations of their WoW counterparts and yet have enough new additions to titillate an old avid WoW player such as myself into championing this excellent game. Some of my favorite 'new' units are the bombadiers, unicorns, and the javalineers (as draconians!).

I have already put in over 200 hours since release and loved every minute of it.

Now for a couple of suggestions, for your consideration.

1. The end-game screen is really a bit of a let-down. Could a highscore list be implemented? It was one feature of MoM that kept me playing over and over.
    2. The mouseovers for info could stand improvement. Could the areas for the mouseovers be enlarged?
    3. Ok, this is frivolous but would be a nice addition. Could we please have a clock in game (perhaps near where the fps is shown). It would be helpful for people like me who can't tell a few minutes from a few hours when playing.

Thank you for listening!

First, thanks for the compliment.

Second, thanks for the feedback! (And, yes, I also believe we should put an optional clock in the GUI.)
    Everybody needs friends! Aaron's Facebook Page

A Highscore list is a good idea. I always enjoyed the way Civ did it(cant remember which one, or if its all of them?) but you would get a little title, depending on your final score, such as, slave, duke, prince, king, etc.
    Last edited by zdsdead; 04-11-2015 at 02:54 PM.
    Elder Dragon, Grand Chancellor x 2, Conjurer x 2, and some other type of Backer

Arcane Candidate
    Lol, I said WoW twice instead of MoM, how silly of me. But I think you all get what I was meaning =)

I did, lol.
    Everybody needs friends! Aaron's Facebook Page

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    First, thanks for the compliment.

Second, thanks for the feedback! (And, yes, I also believe we should put an optional clock in the GUI.)
    I also like the clock idea.
    My RPG Design and Theory Blog: http://socratesrpg.blogspot.com/