Thread: a couple of problems

Arcane Candidate

a couple of problems

Problem number one, disappearing roads. I had originally thought this was due to patches, but that doesn't seem to be the case. It occasionally happens when loading a saved game, all roads will just be gone. But it is not consistent, I can load several times without a problem and then suddenly whoosh, they disappear.

Problem number two, enemy towns being created high in the air at an unattackable altitude. I only had this happen a couple of times, and both times were in the Fire domain, I don't know if that is significant. I was able to fix this problem by saving and then reloading.

Is that second one different from the strange way cities look when they're founded on top of a mountain? Those can seem unattackable if you don't have enough movement points. If you really do get flying enemy cities, though, that's one heck of a defensive plan.

Arcane Candidate
    Yeah, I tried and tried, I played with it like that for over 50 turns in one game because I didn't want to take a chance of having my roads disappear from reloading... but I couldn't attack even with all flying units. Once I did save and reload that particular one, the city was on the ground near, but not on a mountain. Very odd.

Today's patch should clear up most if not all of your problems.
    My RPG Design and Theory Blog: http://socratesrpg.blogspot.com/

Arcane Candidate
    Oh excellent work!

Mage’s Assistant
    One of the more recent patches added and subtracted mountains all over the place, so if you are playing a game from before that patch there are some strange artifacts of that, e.g. I found a tower that just had the top sticking out of a new mountain and have seen flying features of the type discussed here. Have no idea of whether this was fixed as promised as most patches now make previous games unplayable or not worth playing. Expected that in early access but must be pretty alienating to people who bought what they assumed was a finished product. My (not mine alone) concern that the game was being released far too early appears to have been well-founded. My concern now is that there won't be any buyers out there by the time a truly playable version is available. Shame because there was great vision here and it is still possible that the game will achieve that vision.

We are working hard to see the game reach it's true potential. Dealing with the numerous bugs we've run into is proving a challenge, but we are doing our best to get the all resolved quickly.
    Everybody needs friends! Aaron's Facebook Page