Thread: Portals Between Planes & Effects of Scarce Features

Mage’s Assistant

Portals Between Planes & Effects of Scarce Features

Howdy there,

How exactly do the settings that influence the number of portals in the world generation work?

I set one game to scarce and there was seemingly only 1 or maybe 2 portals per plane. This made it so that the AI seemed to get stuck in it's own plane. When you set it to 'normal' do you have at least 1 portal to each plane that is activated?

Perhaps there should be at least 'one' mega portal that leads to all planes so that regardless of where the AI is located he would have a way to reach other AI's and players?

Cheers,

Mage of the Lesser Tower
    I have previously raised this as a bug, after being placed on the Fire plane once with no gateways out...

That would really increase the effective value of Node Mastery and Planar Travel, wouldn't it? Haven't tried a scarce game yet - guess I should give it a go.

I don't actually know how Planar Travel works in WoM >.> Haven't had to use it since I've been playing on Common or Frequent.

Mage of the Lesser Tower
    Quote Originally Posted by OneFiercePuppy View Post
    That would really increase the effective value of Node Mastery and Planar Travel, wouldn't it?
    ... especially if, y'know, you hadn't chosen them when you created your Lord...

Quote Originally Posted by Yco View Post
    ... especially if, y'know, you hadn't chosen them when you created your Lord...
    Thank goodness for Druid Henges, then.druid circles.jpg (Yeah, that was probably an excessively lucky concentration of them)
    Last edited by OneFiercePuppy; 04-18-2015 at 01:15 AM.

Thanks for the feedback guys. We're still tinkering with things like "frequency".
    Everybody needs friends! Aaron's Facebook Page