Thread: request smaller trees

request smaller trees

The beautiful map and objects are too obscured by the tall trees. I request that an alternative graphic be developed, and an option be provided to use it, wherein the trees are reduced a bit in height and size. Or at least those trees which occupy the same location as a special object.

You probably know this (since you mentioned it in your other post from yesterday, and MedievalNerd reinforced the answer) but if you switch to either top-down or "cloth map" view, it's much easier to see and select world features - and generally you don't need to select them anyway since if you move an army to the tile you can right-click to automatically interact.

No idea if you'll get your simplified trees, but that's a quick and easy workaround until then. For what little it's worth, I had a hard time seeing some of the objects, especially on Fire and Paradise, because of the large trees and glowing spikes and such, but after a few hours of playing I got used to them and now never miss interactive objects - the only hard part is sometimes identifying what terrain type (plains, forest, etc) the tile is if it's next to/behind a tile with giant trees. I guess you could say I... <puts on sunglasses>

...can't see the forest for the trees.

OHHHH YEAH.

We played around with letting the player change the tree size. It's not "fully supported" yet, but it's something you will probably be able to change in time.
    Everybody needs friends! Aaron's Facebook Page

Thanks for the replies. I see that you already have smaller trees too, so hopefully that will aid you in implementing something. OneFiercePuppy, I think your eyes are probably better than mine! But I'll give it some time.