Thread: A Vizier I beg you!!

Arcane Candidate

A Vizier I beg you!!

I simply can not play the game without a Vizier. Micromanaging city build queues is an unovercomable chore! And setting citizen occupation too. Alternatively use C-evo's master queues or Dom4's anytime a number key is pressed when mouse hovers over city the queue is set to preset assigned to that city.

This seems an odd genre choice for someone who won't manage build queues.

You really only need a couple cities producing units. By the time you get far enough into the game that city spam starts to be a real sprawl, you should be able to just queue up all buildings for the rest of the game, finish up with trade goods/housing, and never have to go back to the city at all.

You're not the first to ask for this kind of automation, though. It's probably on the "to do" list, but they've got stuff ahead of it, alas. Until then, I really do suggest either limiting city spam to limit your misery, or just setting perhaps 19 out of every 20 cities up with a build queue right when you found them. 5% of your cities being flexible and making units or whatnot as needed should be absolutely plenty, especially once you start laying down Altars of Battle.

Mage of the Lesser Tower
    Vizier was a feature of MoM for a reason! It's absence in this game hurts.

Arcane Candidate
    I made a AHK/PCMC macro set that really helps out with this problem. Links in Steam forum under gui i think.

Arcane Candidate
    Quote Originally Posted by rain8dom9 View Post
    I made a AHK/PCMC macro set that really helps out with this problem. Links in Steam forum under gui i think.
    Vizier should be a standard function. Think of the theme, we are sorcerer Lord's not urban planners. I'd rather they setup templates and levels of towns/cities instead of each building doing something. Something to this effect:

Hamlet --> Village --> Town --> City --> Metropolis

Where each progression by population and gold investment unlocks various stuff and make maybe certain structures independently buildable (mage guilds and walls for example) . The build queue design for everything is just an old holdover that should be done away with. Secondly recruiting units should be dependent on city level. A city with huge production should be able to pump out multiples of a unit. I would of liked to see more importance placed on surrounding resources to determine what the city can do(would probably require expanding borders). If a city doesn't have iron resources it shouldn't be able to produce certain units. Likewise without wood they probably shouldn't be able to build units that use bows.