Thread: [Bug] Hang On Attack Neutral Army

[Bug] Hang On Attack Neutral Army

When I attack the wandering neutral army closest to my capital, no matter where, it hangs the game. I can scroll the map, but I can't interact with anything. The combat screen does not load. Repeatable, regardless of turn of attack or map tile.

Use either army stack to attack, it matters not. They're both of identical composition, and the same thing happens regardless.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bkjup23blt...14%29.zip?dl=0

Well, they just put out a version increment patch and there's usually usually something fairly basic broken. All I can offer is that they generally hotfix stuff like this very quickly so you should hopefully be good in time for the weekend.

Man, I hadn't thought about MegaTokyo in years until I saw your Piro (iirc) avatar.

Eh, just trying to be helpful. If this helps them nail down the bug even ten minutes faster, I'll have done my job.

And yeah, I haven't read Megatokyo in awhile either. I just think the face suits me.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I forgot, you're supposed to get a window where you choose manual or automatic fight. I don't get that window. Hope this helps nail it down!

Arcane Candidate
    I have this exact same problem. Submitted a bug report email about it.

e: Here's the email I sent.

Every time I interact with a neutral thing on the map(libraries, shrines, etc) my game hangs. Attached a save and the output log.

Windows 7 64 bit, 8gb ram, gtx 770, i7 950. No antivirus but MS security essentials.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...16/womsave.rar

Mage of the Inner Tower Endless Rain's Avatar
    I'm having the same problem. Also, when I bring up the menu to try to exit out, none of the buttons work after I try to battle.

I think it's caused by taking the Omniscient discipline. I created a new game without it and it's working fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Endless Rain View Post
    I think it's caused by taking the Omniscient discipline. I created a new game without it and it's working fine.
    The game seems to leak memory, to me. Choosing Omniscient would just sort of frontload the problem, but even with my fairly robust desktop PC, by the time I can see most of the planes, the game gets very chuggy and crashes occasionally. That said, I have been busy with a couple other games with the summer sales from GOG and Steam and haven't put any serious time in since .14 so you obviously could be right about Omniscient.

I've tested it more, and it isn't being caused by Omniscient. I've had the game hang when I had no disciplines or spell circles.

I wouldn't rule out a huge world being the problem just yet. In my game, I had every world enabled. I guess I just want all the realms.

Might try a game with fewer realms. Or wait for the next patch, see if that fixed it. Still not fixed as of this moment, save game still gives me the same issue. Had to load an autosave for some reason.

Big worlds aren't the problem, I've had it on small one-plane worlds.