Thread: Public Access to WOM Bug Tracking

Mage’s Assistant

Public Access to WOM Bug Tracking

Howdy there,

I've been a staunch supporter for WOM, wrote a really positive review on steam and have been waiting to release a review video on YouTube. But as it stands I can't and won't finalize that project until the AI is able to actually do something.

I know you guys probably have some kind of internal bug tracker (or I hope so), and I wanted to know if you guys could give the public access to it somehow? Or duplicate your internal DB on one of the free online ones?

As I'm reading the patch notes I have a hard time understanding why some things are given priority over others when there are severe problems with the AI in the current state of things. Perhaps if we had some kind of visibility on what are considered critical bugs it could give us a sense of progression or at least some reasoning behind the latest's patch work focus.

The forums aren't the best for bug reporting as there is no actual tracking visibility, and not all posts get acknowledged so who knows if someone actually took note of it or if it slipped into oblivion. The best example is the fact that the Dark Elf Fishery still isn't fixed where the gold bonus isn't applied. Making the building a money sink. This isn't some complicated thing to fix, I do it myself on each release. But the fact that something like this is constantly looked over makes me think that there is a lack of visibility/tracking of issues.

This game has all the parts that make it an actual MOM successor. We just need to get the lay of the land in terms of what's currently working or not and get it the attention it deserves. (IE, the inept AI)

Hopefully we can get something going to help streamline the fixing/patching process.

Cheers,
    Last edited by MedievalNerd; 07-09-2015 at 04:51 PM.

Arcane Candidate
    I am also interested whether the developers did something with city names like "CombatWars", or, much worse, "Golden Showerton".

MedievalNerd, I actually think this is a great idea. I'll see what I can do to get the ball rolling on it.

LWE, we did modify some of the city names. Including the notorious "Golden Showerton".
    Everybody needs friends! Aaron's Facebook Page

Mage’s Assistant
    Talk about an interesting city name. :P

Whatever helps Aaron, I know this game is the next MOM. We just need to feed the AI some anger & expansionism vitamins.

Arcane Candidate
    I'm relieved to hear this, Aaron, always nice to see developers paying attention to little details.

Mage’s Assistant
    Although we've received confirmation that AI will be a part of the focus for the next patch (following the current beta release), could it be possible to have stickies with the key lines of each patch focus?

*AI Improvements - Settler usage / Expansion
    *New Plane Implementation - The Bug Free Land (:P)
    *Bug Fixes

etc.

That way it'd be interesting to have community feedback on said focus and see if internal plans match on what players feel are missing the most. Not that always coincides with the best practice, but still probably some worthwhile feedback.

Mage’s Assistant
    Howdy there,

Can someone at WI please breathe some life in the forums? There is zero feedback from WI on the bug or tech support forums, where the threads were supposed to be locked once an issue is recognized and imported into their DB.

Without any input from the community I have no idea how WI plans to fix the AI issues, or the game itself. Unless they have an army of in-house testers that are experts of the 4XTBS genre, there is no way in hell this game is ever going to get fixed properly.

You have fans here wanting to help, but due to lack of organization you aren't taking advantage of it. Wasted resources are always a shame.
    Last edited by MedievalNerd; 08-29-2015 at 06:48 PM.
    If you like hardware, games, design and discuss anything video game related. Please come join me on my facebook page. I also showcase my existing, and upcoming Computer Build Logs! https://goo.gl/V2JEJW