Thread: [Bug] permanent fog of war

Arcane Candidate

[Bug] permanent fog of war

The game has tons of little bugs, but I have learned to work around most of them. I can play the game for hours with only minor hitches, however after loading a game it seems like broad swatches of "fog of war" simply will not reveal again. These are areas I have already explored but do not currently have view of them. Even moving one of my stacks into the area just causes the entire stack to disappear. They are still there, I can even select them by clicking on the empty gray square, but I can't see them or anything in the affected areas. I have done this across 5 different games at this points, varying things like world size, number of planes, number of opponents, etc. I have tried using magic that effects visual range, tried splitting and recombining stacks (that seemed to work for a moment, but then reverted)

I have looked to see if this is a common problem, but I can't seem to find anyone else reporting the issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated because, to be frank, I love this game. But I basically have to play as much as I can in one sitting with no mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by mjahkal View Post
    I have looked to see if this is a common problem, but I can't seem to find anyone else reporting the issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated because, to be frank, I love this game. But I basically have to play as much as I can in one sitting with no mistakes.
    That problem has actually been reported many times on the forum, already. It shows up every now and then. When I get it, sometimes it goes away if I exit the game and restart. Sometimes it sticks around forever. A temporary workaround is just to make sure you never fortify an army - as long as the army is active, it will come up in the action queue. You don't have to be able to "see" it that way to still get it selected.

I don't know why it happens, of course, or I'd recommend a fix. But I am fairly sure that Wastelands should know about it, since it has been mentioned so many times, both here and on the Steam forum.