Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How do i get a refund

Arcane Candidate

How do i get a refund

While I can understand that quite a number of people are happy to wait for the "eventual" release of a drm free version of worlds of magic. I myself have reached the end of my patience waiting for it. As such I really just want a refund of what I paid, so with this in mind i sent an email several days ago asking about drm free release and if they couldn't supply that information then how would i go about asking for a refund, as of yet there has been no reply. Does anyone know how to go about getting one ?

Hey Durgaz,

We just posted an update that touches on the GoG release. We are hoping to have an ETA soon.
    Everybody needs friends! Aaron's Facebook Page

Mage of the Inner Tower Endless Rain's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Durgaz View Post
    While I can understand that quite a number of people are happy to wait for the "eventual" release of a drm free version of worlds of magic. I myself have reached the end of my patience waiting for it. As such I really just want a refund of what I paid, so with this in mind i sent an email several days ago asking about drm free release and if they couldn't supply that information then how would i go about asking for a refund, as of yet there has been no reply. Does anyone know how to go about getting one ?
    Send Doomtrader a private message about it.

Apprentice
    Its already nearly 1 month back when we again was promised the DRM free release is nearby but then again nothing, instead we read that the team work on a mobil port and the game got removed from the Coming Soon at GOG!
    So I also consider to ask my money back as it don't even look like the team put any serious effort to get a DRM free version out as promised in the Kickstarter!
    Perhaps I wait 1 more month but that is about my absolut limit I'm willing to wait longer and only to give you some time to fix up the necessary part GOG ask for the promised DRM free release.
    Last edited by Adauli; 09-20-2015 at 11:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Adauli View Post
    Its already nearly 1 month back when we again was promised the DRM free release is nearby but then again nothing, instead we read that the team work on a mobil port and the game got removed from the Coming Soon at GOG!
    So I also consider to ask my money back as it don't even look like the team put any serious effort to get a DRM free version out as promised in the Kickstarter!
    Perhaps I wait 1 more month but that is about my absolut limit I'm willing to wait longer and only to give you some time to fix up the necessary part GOG ask for the promised DRM free release.
    I'm considering this, too. It's been 3 months since the "last word", and I realize that Aaron is not actually helping with the development.

It would not be so bad if they were actually working on the DRM Free version. Instead, we get to read about all the other "crap" they are doing like ports to other systems. HELLO! You're NOT done with the version promised in your Kickstarter yet!
    - Al

Mage’s Assistant
    Quote Originally Posted by AlBQuirky View Post
    I'm considering this, too. It's been 3 months since the "last word", and I realize that Aaron is not actually helping with the development.

It would not be so bad if they were actually working on the DRM Free version. Instead, we get to read about all the other "crap" they are doing like ports to other systems. HELLO! You're NOT done with the version promised in your Kickstarter yet!
    It's pretty strange the level of silence about WOM.

And don't you worry about bad press, they got it covered. From what I understand the 'mobile port' of WOM won't even be called WOM. lol
    If you like hardware, games, design and discuss anything video game related. Please come join me on my facebook page. I also showcase my existing, and upcoming Computer Build Logs! https://goo.gl/V2JEJW

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by AlBQuirky View Post

FACT. All we're getting from Wastelands, over and over, is "uh gosh we just don't know why we haven't released it yet, but we sure will find out, I guess!", which is both ridiculous and insulting.

Kickstarters get delayed, I get that. If this was just a delay, I wouldn't be here complaining. It's not even about DRM or Steam or GOG. The fact is, the game has been out for eight months and is actively being ported to other platforms, but Wastelands has not made any effort to get the game into our hands. They are not working in good faith to deliver the product to backers or even to explain what's going on. I gave them the benefit of the doubt for a few months after the Steam release, but I'm not prepared to give one bit more. The last KS update (among other things) makes it extremely clear that we are NOT a priority.

At this point, I would be thrilled to just take a refund and walk away, if I thought anyone who could or would issue one was even paying attention. I just want my business with Wastelands concluded, one way or another. I don't like having money tied up in a project that doesn't care that I exist.

Anyone remember this line from the KS FAQ, or the giant "NO DRM" logo on the campaign page?

Is the game DRM free and will future DLC be DRM free?

Yes, the NO-DRM policy is one of the fundamental aspects for u
    In hindsight, it is hilariously appropriate that they didn't actually finish that sentence.
    Last edited by Mentalepsy; 11-25-2015 at 02:17 AM.

Anyone else get the feeling that everyone at Wastelands absconded with everyone else's wives?
    When did ANY of the devs answer ANY threads last? Or private messages?

Arcane Candidate
    Quote Originally Posted by Endless Rain View Post
    Send Doomtrader a private message about it.
    Is it still valid as he have not been online for three months?

Mage of the Inner Tower Endless Rain's Avatar
    If he's not checking the forums anymore, try emailing him. His email address is: leszek.lisowski@wastelands-interactive.com If that fails, try support@wastelands-interactive.com or doomtrader@wastelands-interactive.com
    Last edited by Endless Rain; 12-10-2015 at 06:21 PM.
    I am waiting for the relaunch before playing Worlds of Magic, so I don't check the forums as often as I used to. In the meantime, the main forum I post at is RPG.net, if anyone here needs to contact me.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast