Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How do i get a refund

Quote Originally Posted by Endless Rain View Post
    If he's not checking the forums anymore, try emailing him. His email address is: leszek.lisowski@wastelands-interactive.com If that fails, try support@wastelands-interactive.com or doomtrader@wastelands-interactive.com
    Uh, yeah, no.
    Tried that.
    No response from Leszek for 3 days.

Acolyte
    Try his facebook page.

Apprentice
    Has anyone had luck getting a refund, or even a response? I'm about to start trying for one myself.

They don't answer here, they don't answer on KS, they don't answer emails.
    Try FB. I couldn't because I don't have it.

Arcane Candidate
    From comments on kickstarter news on IOS release

Creator Wastelands Interactive about 1 hour ago

I'm not trying to make GOG guilty here.
    Lars, you sound very reasonable and that is probably the option we should do long time ago. I'm going to talk with team and we will see when that could be done.

Lars about 3 hours ago

GOG is a red hering! Please stop blaming GOG for your reluctance to provide a DRM-free download of the game!
    You don't even need to make a public release of the DRM-free version. Just give the backers a download location, where they get a DRM-free variant of the current Steam version and THEN take your time to polish the game (though providing a new update every few months would certainly be appropriate).
    It's certainly normal that Kickstarter projects get delayed and EVERY backer needs to wait. But this is a different situation: You made a public release almost a year ago. But despite of this, you are withholding the game to part of the backers without good reason (and thus are actively breaking your contract with us).
    I'm really considering demanding a refund if I don't get a current DRM-free version within this month.
    Sorry, if that sounds harsh, but after almost a year I'm losing my patience. And I'm probably not the only one, am I?
    Although below they said that they read every message on forum

Caster of the Inner Tower
    Well, I definitely understand your frustration, but I would give them until the relaunch before asking for a refund - we waited a year, we can wait ~6 more months

Quote Originally Posted by Mentalepsy View Post
    Has anyone had luck getting a refund, or even a response? I'm about to start trying for one myself.
    I have not had any luck. I sent an e-mail to their support address on the Wastelands, Interactive main site. No response yet and that was 1 or 2 moths ago. I really did not expect one, but there was a flicker of hope.

The bad part is that I would rather have the game then the money. Since the DRM-Free game is nowhere to be see as they push out their iOS crap, I am fed up with their priorities, ie: grab more money before satisfying previous contracts.
    - Al

Quote Originally Posted by kilobug View Post
    Well, I definitely understand your frustration, but I would give them until the relaunch before asking for a refund - we waited a year, we can wait ~6 more months
    Personally I'd rather have the game on GOG.com than Humble or a direct download.
    As such I'm willing to wait for the Steam relaunch and see if that version can pass GoG.com's tests before I give up on a Gog.com version completely.
    That's just my personal opinion though and I can certainly understand people just wanting a DRM-free version of whatever is on Steam now. My fear is just that if they provide it via humble, direct download, etc. then they won't even try for GoG.com anymore and they'll just say there's your DRM-free version and wash their hands of it.

I don't have an iOS device myself (Android phone, no tablet) but it might also be nice to offer that (or an Android version if that's coming) to DRM-free backers still waiting for the PC release as a "We're sorry it's so late but play with this until we can get you the PC version" type thing... I'm not holding my breath though. With the bug issues they've have in the PC release I'm afraid of what state an Android release might be in considering the diverse set of hardware Android runs on.

Apprentice
    Of course, it occurs to me that if we ever do get a DRM-free version, it is guaranteed to lag far behind the Steam version in upgrades, DLC, and vital fixes, including that ambiguous "all future content" add-on that some of us pledged for. Even developers who actively support a GOG release from day one still clearly and consistently favor Steam in that regard, so imagine how neglected Worlds of Magic will be.

Caster of the Inner Tower
    Quote Originally Posted by Mentalepsy View Post
    Even developers who actively support a GOG release from day one still clearly and consistently favor Steam in that regard, so imagine how neglected Worlds of Magic will be.
    Well, not everytime - be it the Shadowrun games or Wasteland 2, they both have had all the patches and add-ons ("director's cut" / "extended edition") only a few days later on GOG than on Steam (and that's time GOG do their installer and QA, Steam publishes directly what the dev gives without looking at it, GOG repackage and do some testing/QA before publishing).

But it's true I am a bit fearful about the future support of WoM on GOG (or whatever else they release), seeing how us the DRM-free backers are considered second class citizens (and I did take the "all future content" add-on, I'm more or less considering that to be a loss right now... but still hoping to get the base game in a DRM-free, playable state somewhere this year).

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast