Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [1.2.0] Defeated my a**

[1.2.0] Defeated my a**

Ok, here is one of your guys to figure out... Whenever I press to end the turn I get a skull and a text saying I have been defeated or something like that. No explanation about who, where, how. Perhaps someone is casting the equivalent of spell of master, I have no idea. Pretty sure I am not being defeated by any army at least.

Save game here: http://www.quicklearn.se/temp/war.rar

Other than that there are a bunch of issues that are still in the game. Some are old.

- Chain lightning is obviously broken, adding mana infusion seems to do absolutely nothing at all (even though it costs a lot).

- The list of rewards after defeating a special map square often disappears and there is no visible scrollbar or any way to get it to appear again.

- Checking the stats of a hero that you are about to hire by right clicking brings the info up behind the hire dialog, making it very hard to read.

- During battle, golems have a habit to start walking. And never stop. Stand walking in the air. Often you have to end the battle by closing the game.

- Game still doesnt remember animation speed setting after you have restarted it. You need to manually go to main menu and change it, which you of course forget every single time so you have to end the loaded game then go back and fix that then reload.

- Balancing after the first 100-200 turns desperately needed. With normal difficulty there are some waves of attacks early in the game that are well balanced and the game is very enjoyable. After ~200 turns or so it all just calms down. And stays calmer than a dead sea. I had 4 opponents and not a single one of them bothered me past turn 1000 when I had explored the entire 2 planes and decided to go kill them. Since the game is now ending every single time I try to go to the next turn, I wont get the chance to end it properly.

Anyways, I enjoy the first 100-200 turns of each game and after that nothing is happening at all, which kind of kills the fun...

- Checking out the map on the paradise plane, near reichburg a whole bunch of enemies seem to have gotten stuck.

- Diplomacy really needs a lot of work.

- The enchantment tab in magic dialog loses the content if you click the enchantments tab then click events then go back to enchantments.

- Dismissing the last hero in the heroes list does not remove it from the list, its still there until you close it.

- Escape stops working every now (no longer bringing up any menues) and then and you need to reload the game in order to get it working again.

- During tactical battle you still need to click ONCE (in the spellbook) to use a unit ability the first time then TWICE every time after that.

- After automatic battle where say 90% of the enemies have been killed, and 10% have escaped, it still shows you got 0 experience.

- Experience is wrongly calculated to only be shared among the units that are not max level. So if you have 10 max level units and 1 non-max, the non-max can get thousands of experience.

- During tactical battle there is still some confusion about which attacks are possible. Spamming the attack button can get the unit to attack when the first time does not. This even happens when the attack should be possible without any problems, you still have to click a lot of times. Or move the unit around a bit first.

- Still missing stats like we had in MoM to see research progress, magic might, army power and so on compared to the other wizards, graph over time, etc.

- No messages when other wizards are casting enchantments. If someone really cast a spell to win the game, I would have liked to know that a bit earlier than the "you have been defeated" screen.

- Only a limited subset of all positive disciplines can be found through druid henge. Not sure if this is by design.

- If you select a unit in world map and click somewhere to get it moving, at the start of next turn the same unit gets marked again and still seems to be in the mode where you set the flag.

- It should still be impossible to click on the map between the unit command buttons. Too easy to start moving the unit away instead of getting it to fortify for instance, especially annoying if its a citys defenders that decide to walk away and leave the city empty.

- During tactical battle it is still a bit random which unit you are controlling if you start moving and attacking with different units before all animations are complete for previous attacks, spells, etc. All of a sudden when you are clicking to move one unit, the game swaps the control over to a totally different unit so you start moving that instead (thanks to the automatic go to next unit when one has finished its moves).

- If you click a map square containing several fortified units, select one of them and move that one away, you still have to re-fortify the remaining units. They have not been moved or selected in the list so they should remain fortified.

- Sometimes when you are selecting units in the top left bar list to move a few of them away from an army (on world map) something gets messed up and it starts selecting a lot of them almost randomly.

- Misc units in the top left bar are randomly greyed out even when they have moves left. Like at the beginning of a new turn.

- Some units still missing descriptions.

- Save game text does not show up in the edit box when you click an existing save game, UNTIL you click the edit box.

- The "You have been defeated" screen really has no information at all regarding what happened... Who defeated me? How? Also, there are no stats at all to show my progress, who won the game, was I strong or weak compared to the other wizards, etc? Just getting a defeated screen and get tossed back to the main menu feels a bit weak after 1000 turns even if I HAD actually lost...

Plus a whole lot of other things that I cant remember right now.

Most of these are not game breaking bugs, but after 1000 turns it starts to get annoying when you get the feeling that there are constantly things that dont just quite work in pretty much every part of the game. When everything is running fine its not a problem, but thats rare.

I would strongly recommend that the development team actually takes a full day of work to sit down at your computers and each play the game (alone, single player) for 8 hours straight instead of working. That would probably let you see a lot of the issues that are in the game and realize why it is a good idea to fix them in order to make the game more enjoyable.

Quote Originally Posted by nik_lin View Post
    I would strongly recommend that the development team actually takes a full day of work to sit down at your computers and each play the game (alone, single player) for 8 hours straight instead of working. That would probably let you see a lot of the issues that are in the game and realize why it is a good idea to fix them in order to make the game more enjoyable.
    I would like to second this motion, and send it to vote

Do you cast Detect Magic? Reload and see if anyone's casting the spell of domination (which I prefer to spell of mastery since we can get "SoD off!" as a victory condition, technically). I haven't played on the new patch but hopefully that would still work to keep you advised as to what's going on.

Quote Originally Posted by OneFiercePuppy View Post
    Do you cast Detect Magic? Reload and see if anyone's casting the spell of domination (which I prefer to spell of mastery since we can get "SoD off!" as a victory condition, technically).
    Ok, so I have cast it. Where do I see what others are casting?

Can add one more to the list:

- In the magic dialog, enchantements view: if you have cast an enchantment, for instance detect magic, and you try to change the sorting (sort by lord) then the dropdown is covered by your own enchantment.
    Last edited by nik_lin; 07-11-2015 at 09:23 AM.

Ok, so I have cast it. Where do I see what others are casting?
    Relations tab in the diplomacy window. In the circle next to the name of the sorclord will be the spell currently being cast.

Ok, thats one of the places I checked before. There is nothing at all there, just the portrait, name and war status of each wizard.

---------- Post added at 09:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:24 AM ----------

Is it possible for other lords to cast the spell then keep it for later? Perhaps someone has it stored...? What do I know... Waiting for the wasteland guys to tell me how I lost my 1085 turn game without even knowning it... :P

Oh yeah, and one more thing:

- The first time you cast detect magic, nothing happens. Have to cast it 2 times in order for it to show up on the right hand side of the window (as a notification bubble). Didnt test to see if this applies to ANY spell after you have just loaded a saved game or just detect magic.
    Last edited by nik_lin; 07-12-2015 at 10:40 AM.

Ok, thats one of the places I checked before. There is nothing at all there, just the portrait, name and war status of each wizard.
    If you have Detect Magic up, it should be there. For me, the circle is always black (looks empty) but when I hover the mouse over it, the name of the spell they're casting comes up. If you haven't tried that, give it a shot and see. But I haven't played 1.2 yet so perhaps it's all different again.

Quote Originally Posted by OneFiercePuppy View Post
    If you have Detect Magic up, it should be there. For me, the circle is always black (looks empty) but when I hover the mouse over it, the name of the spell they're casting comes up. If you haven't tried that, give it a shot and see. But I haven't played 1.2 yet so perhaps it's all different again.
    Hmm, OK I will give it another shot when I get home from work Thanks.

Ok, so I have checked again. Honestly cant find anything anywhere to indicate that someone is casting any spell at all.

Any developer feedback on this one? Just checked in 1.2.3 and its still giving me defeated without explanation whenever I end the turn...

Detect Magic isn't working in that save game. I'm not sure why. Finally got around to downloading it and trying it; you should get a black circle next to the enemy Sorclords' names when Detect magic is up.

Honestly, I'd just assume that going 1100 turns broke the crap out of the game :P I think my longest game barely went 300 turns. At a guess, you're losing to a cast of Spell of Domination, though. Do you have a save from maybe a few turns previous?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast