Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 32

Thread: WOM Gone from GOG Upcoming List?

  1. #11
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    It's not that we're not still reading the forums so much as we're not checking them as often as we were. Things are very busy for the team and the boards are slow. I don't have official word on the GoG situation, but I hope to be able to give you guys some information soon.
    And still nothing about this?

  2. #12
    Yes another 2 weeks down the line and still no word, it just a farce now.

  3. #13
    Mage’s Assistant
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Posts
    149
    Next step, 404!
    If you like hardware, games, design and discuss anything video game related. Please come join me on my facebook page. I also showcase my existing, and upcoming Computer Build Logs! https://goo.gl/V2JEJW

  4. #14
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    27
    This is absurd. There are so many ways that this situation could be addressed, permanently or temporarily, with or without GOG's involvement. "lol, tablets!" is not a satisfactory statement on the matter. Why is getting every backer their digital copy of the game not Wastelands' #1 priority?

  5. #15
    Acolyte AlBQuirky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Iowa, USA
    Posts
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by Mentalepsy View Post
    This is absurd. There are so many ways that this situation could be addressed, permanently or temporarily, with or without GOG's involvement. "lol, tablets!" is not a satisfactory statement on the matter. Why is getting every backer their digital copy of the game not Wastelands' #1 priority?
    Because they already have our money? Maybe they need more money in order to fix the quagmire they have built up...
    - Al

  6. #16
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by Mentalepsy View Post
    This is absurd. There are so many ways that this situation could be addressed, permanently or temporarily, with or without GOG's involvement. "lol, tablets!" is not a satisfactory statement on the matter. Why is getting every backer their digital copy of the game not Wastelands' #1 priority?
    Even with Desura no longer a viable place and GOG to picky then there still other stores where one could sale DRM free games and give out free downloads to the backer i.e. Humble Bundle.
    Last edited by Adauli; 10-20-2015 at 03:41 PM.

  7. #17
    Moderator Asmodai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Fredericksburg, VA (USA)
    Posts
    794
    Quote Originally Posted by Adauli View Post
    Even with Desura no longer a viable place and GOG to picky then there still other stores where one could sale DRM free games and give out free downloads to the backer i.e. Humble Bundle.
    You're assuming that GoG is preventing them from releasing there? Do we know that's the case?

  8. #18
    Caster of the Inner Tower
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    France
    Posts
    735
    Well, I can understand WI wanting to wait for a polished version before going live on GOG, to avoid bad press.

    But if it takes that long, they should give to the backers who didn't yet get a Steam key a DRM-free release so they have at least something. Can't they like host it on their own servers, and give to each backer (who didn't get a Steam key) a download URL with a unique hash in it, or something like that ? Would take like a day to setup.

  9. #19
    Moderator Asmodai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Fredericksburg, VA (USA)
    Posts
    794
    Quote Originally Posted by kilobug View Post
    Well, I can understand WI wanting to wait for a polished version before going live on GOG, to avoid bad press.

    But if it takes that long, they should give to the backers who didn't yet get a Steam key a DRM-free release so they have at least something. Can't they like host it on their own servers, and give to each backer (who didn't get a Steam key) a download URL with a unique hash in it, or something like that ? Would take like a day to setup.
    I honestly have no idea what the deal is. I COULD be that GoG.com won't let them release it but if that were the case I would have thought someone would have said that here. I mean people are complaining that it's not being released it would be nice to know they at least TRIED. It COULD also be that they are deciding not to release it themselves. We just don't know.

    I've funded other kickstarters from tiny devs (much smaller than Wastelands) where I was provided a url to download games directly. Others have humble host the downloads for them. I'm sure there are other options as well. So sure SOMETHING could be done in theory. Why nothing is isn't really clear. My best guess is they're just focused on the mobile version right now (recent social media posts are all related to the iOS version). It's my understanding that they've just come to the conclusion that they're going to wait for the DRM-free release until the relaunch next year. How they arrived at that is beyond me.

  10. #20
    Mage’s Assistant
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Posts
    149
    Hello,
    Is there anybody in there?
    Just nod if you can hear me.
    Is there anyone at home?

    Seriously, should we just forget about WOM and pretend it's dead? What gives?
    If you like hardware, games, design and discuss anything video game related. Please come join me on my facebook page. I also showcase my existing, and upcoming Computer Build Logs! https://goo.gl/V2JEJW

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
footer