Thread: Planar Conquest Impressions

Arcane Candidate
    I'm guess my posts are removed (or at least need approval) due to having links? Let's try this one more time.

I don't see any forum location on the PlanarConquest.com website, so I'm posting this here.

On the Pocket Tactics website, I started a thread about Planar Conquest. Some might want to read it. It is in the "Game Discussion" area. (Not posting link in case that's what's making my posts disappear.)

Some complaints so far are:
    There is no sound besides the Music. (Everyone I know turns off the damned music in games. I thank you for having different on/off options for Music and Sound, but there is no sound!)
    Tutorial has a bug during the first battle, where it tells you to click on something that isn't there.
    No manual at all. It would be nice to have a link at least to a PDF on a website.

Overall so far I do like it, but it needs work to make it a good game.

Is multiplayer planned, since during game creation you click on "Single Player" to start a game? If you already have it mostly working, then awesome bring it on when you can. If you don't already have this working, I caution you that there are many pitfalls in multiplayer iOS development. I think in that case, there are probably better things for you to spend your resources on. Which would be too bad, since I really do want multiplayer, but I also want you to succeed at this and eventually get WOM to where you want it to be. (Of course async multiplayer is what would be needed if you are working on multiplayer, since realtime multiplayer would be stupid for this type of game, and most people playing TBS games would prefer async.)

I think further down the road there will be multiplayer. This game is heading to XBOX One/PS4 & PC after all.

Cannot survive, nor will they, the company, make any income if MP is not added. Consoles at that - they won't even touch it if they don't see MP. Civilization Revolution players from consoles will swallow this game up asap and that title sold 1 or 2 million copies if I'm not mistaken. It was up in the million, that much is for sure.

I think they are silent about it until they are done testing inhouse getting everything right.

I also think there will be controller support for iOS since XBOX One/PS4 is en route. Don't see why they wouldn't port over that control scheme to iOS version so Apple TV owners can play it on there as well. (Get maximum profit from every available medium supported)

They just need time being an independent studio and all that.

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_in_Tactics View Post
    I think they are silent about it until they are done testing inhouse getting everything right.

They just need time being an independent studio and all that.
    done testing inhouse, Getting everything right, yes good luck with that, if there past record is anything to go by you'll be waiting a very long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_in_Tactics View Post
    (Get maximum profit from every available medium supported).
    Now this I can believe they have made quite a bit out of some of us a couple of years ago, without even producing a game for us yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Otto von Blotto View Post
    done testing inhouse, Getting everything right, yes good luck with that, if there past record is anything to go by you'll be waiting a very long time.

Now this I can believe they have made quite a bit out of some of us a couple of years ago, without even producing a game for us yet.
    Hmm.. well, I'm not waiting, I was responding to the person I quoted. I'm already having lots of fun with this on my iOS devices.

But I hear you man. I'm new and just landing here. Didn't know about this game or developer until it released on iOS. Where it's awesome. Wasn't aware of the PC version.

Your beef and feelings with them - though I understand the passion behind them, I've been there, has nothing to do with me. That said, I hope your dispute with them gets settled in a way that pleases you.
    Last edited by Lost_in_Tactics; 02-14-2016 at 05:37 AM.

No worries, welcome to the site, glad to hear your enjoying the game, I'm sure in time if the rest of us do finally get a working game out of this mess I will laugh about it all.