Thread: Planar Conquest Manual (Mobile)

Archmage of the Inner Ring ampoliros's Avatar
    How do you attack a city from the battlemap? I couldn't figure out how to get my units to actually attack through the city walls. The auto-resolve worked, so I know it must be possible.
    I did look through the manual. I didn't find anything about fighting city walls, other than siege units and 'wall crusher'.
    Last edited by ampoliros; 03-27-2016 at 11:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ampoliros View Post
    How do you attack a city from the battlemap?
    There is at least one spell that damages townwalls: Disrupt Wall, Earth/Destruction 2.
    You cannot attack *through* townwalls, but Mages and Archers can shoot over them.
    Then you have stuff like Fliers, teleporting units, the "One With Earth" spell, or the Darkelf Spiders that can wall-climb.

But most important, the AI usually does come out to meet you. At the very latest when its Casters' and Archers' Mana/Ammunition are exhausted.

Archmage of the Inner Ring ampoliros's Avatar
    I should have been specific, sorry.

I could not attack the gate, nor the unit behind the gate. Also, my Grey Mages could not target the wall. Their description says they can damage walls.

@ampoliros: No worries
    And you are right, their unit description does say that.
    That's something for Wastelands to clarify:
    - Either it's an error in their description.
    - Or they should have the "Disrupt Wall" Spell, which also would make the description incorrect.
    - Or they should have the "Wall Crusher" trait. In this case, the trait's description would be wrong, as it specifically limits it to melee attacks.

I could not attack the gate
    --> only units with "Wall Crusher" can attack gates/walls. Need to wait for clarification on the Grey Mages.

nor the unit behind the gate.
    --> With ranged or melee attacks? Ranged should always work against units behind walls, but with a to-hit penalty for Archers. Melee only works if the enemy unit is standing right inside the gate.

Sorry, ampoliros. I posted a reply already, but it's still in moderation. In an nutshell, that's something for Wastelands to check.
    UPDATE: Ah, there it is, post above this one.
    Oh, and totally forgot to say I like your name, Mr. Ghostship Legend
    Last edited by Nullzone; 04-01-2016 at 05:29 AM.

Arcane Candidate
    Will PC version have a separate manual?

Yes, it will have it's own

Arcane Candidate
    Quote Originally Posted by Wojciech View Post
    Yes, it will have it's own
    Thanks for the reply!