Thread: Changes for PC version of Planar Conquest?

Hybrid View

Arcane Candidate

Changes for PC version of Planar Conquest?

So do you guys have some ideas for what is going to be different for Planar Conquest on the computer?

What kid of things are going to be carried over from the World of Magic and what things are carrying over from Planar Conquest?

Planar conquest improves on a lot of things but Worlds of Magic had a lot going for it. for example Worlds of Magic has some beautiful 2D art you used for the spells icons.

Can't wait!

Well, Planar Conquest has the same icons for spells as WoM

At this point it's hard to really say what will be different for sure. What we know is that the World Map will see a reimagining. We should have battle arenas at least polished a little bit. Most of the UI will carry over from PQ, some smaller things that worked well in WoM will stay. Some things we might change completely. I'm reworking main game screen right now

It goes without saying that all of the programming improvements will be brought back from PQ to Steam as well.

Arcane Candidate
    Quote Originally Posted by Wojciech View Post
    Well, Planar Conquest has the same icons for spells as WoM

At this point it's hard to really say what will be different for sure. What we know is that the World Map will see a reimagining. We should have battle arenas at least polished a little bit. Most of the UI will carry over from PQ, some smaller things that worked well in WoM will stay. Some things we might change completely. I'm reworking main game screen right now

It goes without saying that all of the programming improvements will be brought back from PQ to Steam as well.
    Sounds good can't wait to plop on my couch and play a proper fantasy 4x on my Xbox One.

It was my understanding that the PC version will launch with a Map Editor? Is that correct? If so, that would be something new to the game that WoM didn't have.
    My RPG Design and Theory Blog: http://socratesrpg.blogspot.com/

Suicidal Angel Administrator doomtrader's Avatar
    We are not happy with the early tests of the editor so far. Conclusion is that if we will manage to prepare the editor before launch, we will add it, if not it will be added later.

Arcane Candidate
    Quote Originally Posted by doomtrader View Post
    We are not happy with the early tests of the editor so far. Conclusion is that if we will manage to prepare the editor before launch, we will add it, if not it will be added later.

Wish more companies had opinions like yours.