Thread: [B0002] - NOT A BUG - Buildings - 'Housing' has no functionality in New Cities

Mage’s Assistant

[B0002] - NOT A BUG - Buildings - 'Housing' has no functionality in New Cities

*Steps:*
    #1 - Load/Start a game with an empire with at least 2 cities. (Capital & a new City)
    #2 - Take note of the growth of both cities, and switch them to housing.

*Result:*
    Only the Capital seems to be able to get the housing bonus.

*Expected Result:*
    All cities get a growth bonus when using housing.
    Last edited by Wojciech; 05-07-2016 at 12:24 AM.
    If you like hardware, games, design and discuss anything video game related. Please come join me on my facebook page. I also showcase my existing, and upcoming Computer Build Logs! https://goo.gl/V2JEJW

Did you check how much Production each town has?
    The effect of Housing depends on Production, and newly founded towns usually have next to nothing.
    I don't know the exact numbers, but I think it is somewhere in the "1 Prod = +1 pop growth" ballpark.

Mage’s Assistant
    Quote Originally Posted by Nullzone View Post
    Did you check how much Production each town has?
    The effect of Housing depends on Production, and newly founded towns usually have next to nothing.
    I don't know the exact numbers, but I think it is somewhere in the "1 Prod = +1 pop growth" ballpark.
    The town has 6.6 of production, so I should see at least 36 population in growth, which I don't.
    If you like hardware, games, design and discuss anything video game related. Please come join me on my facebook page. I also showcase my existing, and upcoming Computer Build Logs! https://goo.gl/V2JEJW

Might be something Wastelands has to clarify, e.g. it could be an Android-specific problem (I'm on iOS).
    If I find time tonight, I'll test it and see what I get.

Just tested:
    The threshold seems to be 10 Prod. And the growth is non-linear.
    With 9.x prod, Housing had no effect.
    With 11.x prod, I got +17 pop growth, on top of the base +90 in the Capital.
    With 13.x prod, it's +34 pop growth.

Mage’s Assistant
    Quote Originally Posted by Nullzone View Post
    Just tested:
    The threshold seems to be 10 Prod. And the growth is non-linear.
    With 9.x prod, Housing had no effect.
    With 11.x prod, I got +17 pop growth, on top of the base +90 in the Capital.
    With 13.x prod, it's +34 pop growth.
    Games like this need a wiki badly.

Quote Originally Posted by MedievalNerd View Post
    Games like this need a wiki badly.
    Well, have a go at it
    Also, a "thank you" usually appreciated, I hear.
    Last edited by Nullzone; 03-31-2016 at 11:45 AM.

Mage’s Assistant
    Haha! Yes, of course, thank you for helping out and finding those numbers.

I was mostly at work, and answering via my phone when I could spare a minute or two. I was quite terse in hindsight!

And I just realized, there's already a wiki for WOM (silly me), so I'm assuming modifying it to reflect Planar Conquest shouldn't be too crazy, just need to be familiar with the changes.

And don't you worry, I'm ready and willing to contribute to helping making this game a success.

Cheers,

@MedievalNerd: No worries, happens to all of us
    Didn't even know there's a WoM Wiki. I found the one on Wikia. Not much to modify there, though: It's only two pages with - admittedly very good looking - screenshots.
    I am busy enough with writing guides over at TA, so contributing to a Wiki is totally out of the question for me.