Thread: Bug Writing Guidelines

Mage’s Assistant

Exclamation Bug Writing Guidelines

Hello everyone,

If you have found a bug/issue with the game and would like to write up a bug report, please make sure to follow these following guidelines to the best of your ability. If anything is missing, don't worry I'll just ask you to clarify.

SUMMARY

The title of your post should be a summary of your issue, basically try to describe the issue in a short sentence. If possible include a suffix that denotes the area regarding the issue. For example, a missing spell description could simply have 'Spell Description - The Fireball spell has no description'.

Please avoid writing anything too generic like "I have found a bug", or "Issue please help". Try to keep the title about what the actual issue is.

PLATFORM & FIRMWARE

Whenever possible please let us know what device you are using, and on which firmware are you running it. For example, Samsung Galaxy Note 4, on Android 5.1.1.

STEPS TO REPRODUCE & RESULT

As much as possible, please try to include steps to reproduce the issue. If you aren't 100% certain how it happened, just do your best to perhaps describe the last actions you did leading up to the issue. Following the steps simply include a 'result' section which you explain what the issue is.

An example would be:

Steps:
    #1 - Start a New Game with Dark Elves
    #2 - Delete the Granary in the capital

Result:
    The game crashes after deleting the granary

Notes & Additional Information

In order to keep the above sections as succinct as possible, please keep any comments or additional information at the bottom of your bug report. This could include details which you aren't certain pertain to the issue, or any questions & comments you might have about the situation.

HOW TO ATTACH A SAVE FILE?

You can also send us your saves. To do that, simply put a phrase "sendSaves" in the name of the save. You can attach other phrases to the name, provided it's seperated by "_", for example:

xxx_sendSaves
    xxx_sendSaves_yyy
    sendSaves_xxx_yyy

We'd appreaciate if you added a short explanation of what happened or at least who the save is from.

IMPORTANT: sending your saved game will void actual saving!

If you want to attach some more elaborate instruction to what happened, you can write to WI directly via e-mail thru their "contact us" section of the WI site:

http://wastelands-interactive.com/

Have any questions about tech support forums or how to write bug reports?

Please feel free to PM me at any time. It should be noted that I am not an employee of Wasteland Interactive and am simply doing this as a volunteer.
    Last edited by MedievalNerd; 04-04-2016 at 11:15 PM.
    If you like hardware, games, design and discuss anything video game related. Please come join me on my facebook page. I also showcase my existing, and upcoming Computer Build Logs! https://goo.gl/V2JEJW