Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [B0008] - OPEN - Map Assets & World Map are disjointed when moving map

[B0008] - OPEN - Map Assets & World Map are disjointed when moving map

At some seemingly random point, there seems to be a disconnect between you basic world and Armies, treasures etc.
    If I save, and then load, the problem disappears.
    I have only seen this on my phone. On my LG V500 PAD I have not seen the problem.

Sony Aqua M4
    Android 5.0

I made a little video where you can see it:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/gjaj26f6ky...81710.mp4?dl=0
    Last edited by MedievalNerd; 05-28-2016 at 10:56 PM.

Mage’s Assistant
    Sorry it took me a while to get to your post, I was sick! D: No excuses! My bad.

I've approved your post, thanks for the video. Weird bug! :/
    If you like hardware, games, design and discuss anything video game related. Please come join me on my facebook page. I also showcase my existing, and upcoming Computer Build Logs! https://goo.gl/V2JEJW

That's a known issue, happens on iOS as well.
    But I don't know if it's on the fixlist already.

Our programmer says that he can't reproduce this without some actual repro steps

@Wojciech:
    Unfortunately there aren't any repro steps. This seems to happen completely at random.
    And as tmonberg wrote: when you reload a save, the issue is resolved. So sending you saves doesn't help much here.

It looks as if the connection between the "ground/map" layer and the "units/dungeons/etc." overlay breaks.
    When it happens, and you try to scroll the map, only the "overlay" scrolls, while the "ground layer" does not move at all anymore.
    tmonberg's video shows it perfectly.

Mage’s Assistant
    If it 'started' happening after a while with a certain game, perhaps it's worth sharing the save and doing a few turns with it. Depending on how frequent it's been since he's started experiencing it.

If it's any new game, or subsequent game he loads, then I guess it's way more tricky to reproduce.

And if it's a specific hardware issue, however trying to reproduce it should be using the same device as the reporter.
    If you like hardware, games, design and discuss anything video game related. Please come join me on my facebook page. I also showcase my existing, and upcoming Computer Build Logs! https://goo.gl/V2JEJW

I will follow up on this when i get more playtime down, including starting a new game.

Mage of the Lesser Tower
    Quote Originally Posted by Wojciech View Post
    Our programmer says that he can't reproduce this without some actual repro steps
    This kind of attitude is completely unacceptable when it comes to PQ. WoM had a LOT of bad bugs in it - the public expects game-breaking, fundamental bugs to be fixed before PQ is released.

Instead of suggesting it can't be fixed, I suggest WI diverts sufficient resources to make sure it gets fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Yco View Post
    This kind of attitude is completely unacceptable when it comes to PQ. WoM had a LOT of bad bugs in it - the public expects game-breaking, fundamental bugs to be fixed before PQ is released.

Instead of suggesting it can't be fixed, I suggest WI diverts sufficient resources to make sure it gets fixed.
    Dial it down, Yco. The devs have been doing a consistent and thorough job of fixing bugs. This kind of rage is misplaced. If they can't reproduce the bug, they can't fix it.
    My RPG Design and Theory Blog: http://socratesrpg.blogspot.com/

Mage of the Lesser Tower
    Quote Originally Posted by Troy_Costisick View Post
    Dial it down, Yco. The devs have been doing a consistent and thorough job of fixing bugs. This kind of rage is misplaced. If they can't reproduce the bug, they can't fix it.
    Troy, this is not rage. I have seen reports of things like disappearing units, hard locks, spells not applying and a lot of other WoM bugs that hadn't been fixed in the iOS or Android versions before they released. The complexity of taking PQ code to PC is a whole other level.

If it ships with the same old bugs we saw in WoM? Fuckin' bad. No other way to say it.
    Last edited by Yco; 04-25-2016 at 01:42 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast