Thread: Users wanting refunds of PQ on iOS

Mage of the Lesser Tower

Users wanting refunds of PQ on iOS

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showpo...postcount=1286

I'm all for staying positive; and I won't try to 'complain' in bug threads about the state of the game etc. However I have some doubts.

1. When bugs are found, WI has to spend 4 x the dev resource to fix them: iOS, Android, PS4 and PC.
    2. There are big bugs still being found as of today
    3. We know that WI is strapped for resources

With the above 3, I can pretty much guarantee that PQ for PC will launch with game breaking bugs, which will remind me of the WoM launch and ultimately will discourage the public from purchasing the product.

WI can help me be positive about this by reassuring us that:
    1. They are allocating 4 x the dev resources to handle the different platform's bugs
    2. Failing this, they have a strategy that they are confident will satisfy the marketplace when PQ for PC launches - and they will then tell us what this strategy is. Now.

Tying to be positive here but I remember seeing somewhere that there are about 1 or 2 developers assigned to Planar Conquest at this stage, implying that WI has moved onto other projects?

---------- Post added at 09:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:09 AM ----------

A major bug is that of memory management, which caused things like disappearing units and crashes in WoM. These are core memory bugs that occurred on my system with 10 Gb of RAM, so it's no surprise they occur on iOS as well.

Caster of the Inner Tower
    Having 4 platforms don't mean 4x the dev resources - some bugs are platform dependant, but many bugs are mechanic-related or AI-related and fixing them for 1 or 10 platforms require roughly the same resources. Even memory leaks can sometimes be non-platform dependant and fixable once for all platforms.

That said I do share a bit of your concern that WI being a small studio and already spending a lot of resources on PQ/WoM might not have the resources to make a clean PQ release on PC, but I still have hope they'll.

Hi, Yco. Allow me to correct some of your assumptions:

0. Users wanting refunds of PQ on iOS

- As far as I know, Lickzy is the only person to ask for a refund (granted, I don't have access to that sort of information) so it's not really plural. There's always someone who wants a refund. More than 99% of PQ owners are not asking for a refund.

1. When bugs are found, WI has to spend 4 x the dev resource to fix them: iOS, Android, PS4 and PC.

- That's incorrect for a couple of reasons. For one, we are not making console version ourselves. It's being made externaly by Teyon from assets, that were given to them. So that's it. Second, iOS and Android are pretty much handled together - you can't count them as seperate platforms. Moreover, as kilobug said, most of the bugs that get fixed on mobile are also included in the PC version right now. In conclusion, sure, it is more work to handle mobile and PC but not as much as you described it

2. There are big bugs still being found as of today

- Sure there are and probably will be. There is no such thing as bugfree games. It's all about the ratio of problems being visible. The goal is to make a product that has a low ratio of bugs being found and we're trying to achieve that. Granted, PQ is a big game and we are a small studio so it's especially hard to do that. Now, I'm sure there's a big chunk of PQ owners that are not experiencing bugs and that are not active online to say so. Hundreds of bugs have been fixed between WoM and now and we are constantly working on making this product better and better. I can't guarantee you that you won't find a bug in your game. No one can guarantee that. Forums of large companies like Ubisoft or Blizzard are full of people reporting bugs found in major hits. I'd say our technical support board is pretty laid back

3. There are about 1 or 2 developers assigned to Planar Conquest at this stage, implying that WI has moved onto other projects?

- A lot of people are assuming that WI is some sort of corporation, comparing us to Stardock (which has the word "corporation" in their name) or other companies and expecting similiar results. We are not. When I say that there's 2 programmers working on PQ that means that 2/3 of our programming staff is working on it. The one that isn't working on PQ, is working a little bit on our older games mostly. Other than that, there's 8 other people on the staff.
    Last edited by Wojciech; 05-02-2016 at 05:32 PM.

Arcane Candidate
    OP shut up. This isn't the 1990s when PC games were sold in boxes. Refunds for digital content is only allowed if things are fraudulent or broken beyond comprehension. Steam allows immediate refunds but only if you've played less than like 2 hours or so. Many people have played many full and rewarding games of PC so there aren't that many important bugs. Anyone who wants polish should play Blizzard games; anyone wanting a modern Master of Magic should play this.
    Last edited by Keithustus; 05-02-2016 at 04:39 PM.

Mage of the Lesser Tower
    Wojciech, thanks for the reply. I do understand the difficulties you describe. What will be, will be! You do have supportive fans (me included!) so hopefully this will help.

Keithustus: OP shut up.
    See Wojciech's reply above, which shows WI has an interest in having these types of dialogues with their community. You clearly don't understand what's going on.

Suicidal Angel Administrator doomtrader's Avatar
    I think we have got like 10 refunds for iOS in total.

Mage of the Lesser Tower
    Quote Originally Posted by doomtrader View Post
    I think we have got like 10 refunds for iOS in total.
    Ok; if I might risk another question (if it's not too nosy): are the sales more than whatever minimum amount you had hoped for?

Quote Originally Posted by Yco View Post
    Ok; if I might risk another question (if it's not too nosy): are the sales more than whatever minimum amount you had hoped for?
    Jeez, Yco, you wanna look through his sock drawer too?
    My RPG Design and Theory Blog: http://socratesrpg.blogspot.com/

Mage of the Lesser Tower
    Quote Originally Posted by Troy_Costisick View Post
    Jeez, Yco, you wanna look through his sock drawer too?
    Explain the difference between a kickstarter 'target met!' declaration of success and a 'PQ target met!' declaration of success.