Thread: [B0014] - RESOLVED - Disappearing Units

Acolyte

[B0014] - RESOLVED - Disappearing Units

From time to time in PQ games my units -stationed in cities - will start to disappear. It does not happen to units in the field. Once it starts it keeps happening until there are no units in towns at all.

I have checked the following:

1. I have plenty of food and money.
    2. There are no adverse global spells against me.
    3. There have been no attacks against those cities.
    4. There have been no major negative global events.

So I can't figure this out. Does the game have a unit number cap?

I am using and iPad Air 2. I sent my save game about an hour ago.

I would appreciate any help you can provide.
    Last edited by MedievalNerd; 05-25-2016 at 05:51 PM.

Developer
    According to saves it was the Earthquake spell. We'll add/fix spell notifications for that.
    Edit: Also, there are no limits for regular units. Heroes are limited to 6 per sorcerer lord.
    Last edited by Beo; 05-11-2016 at 10:18 AM.

Has been fixed.

Mage of the Lesser Tower
    This may be true for units being killed by earthquake, but I remember units / armies going missing when playing WoM. They could be inside or outside a city when they disappeared. Some stacks were Draconian (flying) and disappeared - I assume earthquake would not have caused these stacks to disappear. Further, if you clicked the 'empty' tile, the stack would be selected even if you couldn't see it standing on the world.

Has this been fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by Yco View Post
    This may be true for units being killed by earthquake, but I remember units / armies going missing when playing WoM. They could be inside or outside a city when they disappeared. Some stacks were Draconian (flying) and disappeared - I assume earthquake would not have caused these stacks to disappear. Further, if you clicked the 'empty' tile, the stack would be selected even if you couldn't see it standing on the world.

Has this been fixed?
    Started up a game last weekend (WoM) and had something similar happen. First, a few units that were roaming around the world went "dead" in that they were still visible on the map, but could not be selected. When I reloaded, they were simply gone. Then the same thing happened to Amberclaw a few turns later. It was still relatively early in the game (turn 40-something); Detect Magic was up and didn't see any opponents casting overland spells that could have killed them. Not directly relevant to Planar Conquest, but just adding a data point to your collection