Thread: Planar Conquest - BETA impressions

Planar Conquest - BETA impressions

Hi guys, if you just want to write loose impressions/feelings/whatever about the Beta, that are not bug reporst, please write them here

Arcane Candidate

Fame

Not sure how far fame goes and what the statistics are. When you look in the mirror you can see your fame. Instead of just a number can you add fame tiers and titles? IE it can start out like:

Novice Adventurer
    Apprentice Adventurer
    Journeyman Adventurer
    Senior Adventurer
    Master Adventurer ----------------------After this it can branch off to random titles or titles or fame earned for doing certain quests.

Ranger
    Ranger Lord
    Lord of Rangers.

Wizard
    Wizard Lord
    Lord of Wizards----------------------------And can branch of even more with Crazier titles depending how far fame actually can go.

WorldCrusher
    Master of Planes
    Godslayer-----------------------------------Maybe additionally with each tier you can earn a reward.

I love the idea of titles! Gives you a good feeling, rather than just a number! It adds to atmosphere!

I would suggest changing the amount of fame needed for the titles depending upon the size of the worlds or numbers of planes.

Arcane Candidate
    Hi there! Very good job so far, I actually liked the first version despite its faults but here it gets really nice IMO; I would ask for more tooltips though : like when constructing a building it allows construction of items / units, but there's no way to know exactly what they are (apart from looking through all items available one by one) Long live Tooltips

or being able to see what the items are that you are being offered in diplomacy... that would be good

Neophyte Sorcerer
    ^^ Part of the problem with that is that the icons themselves are crunched so small.

Neophyte Sorcerer
    planar conquest is a definite improvement over WoM and quite addictive . one of the things bugging me right now though is that the turns are taking quite a while for the AI to process (25 seconds at turn 46 with all planes & AI opponents active).

Archmage of the Outer Ring jamoecw's Avatar
    big step up from the early build of WoM that i played over a year ago. still some smallish bugs lingering here and there, but the game is definitely coming together.