Thread: [B0010] - IN PROGRESS - Summon champion not summoning anything.

Arcane Candidate

[B0010] - IN PROGRESS - Summon champion not summoning anything.

Anyone else running into this? I cast it, get the particle effects around the city, but then no hero gets summoned. I've tried it with units in the city and without. I've tried it on 3 different games(all unhollowed in shadow plane for what its worth).
    Last edited by MedievalNerd; 05-28-2016 at 10:56 PM.

Have you got you summoning circle in that city? I Would imagine it would get summoned to where your summoning circle is. I Will try this tonight to check it as well. Have you summoned all the heroes already? (that is a lot of summoning!) If that is the case, would you need to use a resurrect spell?

So I just tried this.
    After I have summoned 10 Champion the spell did not work anymore and also the Summon Hero did not work either.
    So maybe you just had to many heroes already like 10 ?
    If I Disband one of the 10 heroes I have I'm able to summon a new one
    So I don't think that the spell is broken.

I tried this in the 1.2.10b version.

Best regards
    Jan P. Madsen

ooo You mean you can have more than 6 heroes? Damn! I was only getting up to 6!

Quote Originally Posted by Stahl33 View Post
    ooo You mean you can have more than 6 heroes? Damn! I was only getting up to 6!
    Yes actually I think that's a bug but not sure. since I'm only able to equip 6 of them with items !!

In the ITEMS MANAGEMENT Menu only 6 Heroes are availeble for clicking so probably the last 4 is a bug.
    But we would need to have one from the dev team to answer that question.

/Jan

It is a bug. you can only have 6. We're on it.

Arcane Candidate
    This is happened to me in 3 different games. Can't get it to work. No heroes in any of them at all hired or summoned. Didn't even bother with the summon hero spell. First one I had my main city plus a few that random events gave me. Second one I had only one city. Third one just to test it I started the game and used the dev commands on the esc menu to learn all spells and instant cast summon champion just to see what happened. No go on any of them. Again I get the particle effects around the city with the summoning circle as the spell is cast but no champions appear. I've tried it with other units in the city and without. I've tried casting it many times on each game. I've tried banking and then casting.

Only similarity between games would be the specific build and game settings I was using which are as follows(including probably irrelevant info):

- All planes with 90% and pangea on all.

- 1 Opponent, wizard difficulty, gigantic world size, fast movement on, 1x game speed, countless resources and features, scarce neutrals

-Unhallowed(different colors each game)

-Custom mage with beholder picture(for what it's worth :P)

-1 point destruction, 5 points biomancy, 5 points augmentation, 1 point summoning

-Ascetic, Butcher, Opulent, Tyrant, Prude

-Alchemist, archmage, artificer, mystic, pious, warlord

-Starting spells Aug - all T1 except fertile lands, Bio- All T1 except heal, Dest - flame arrow, Summon - phant warriors
    Last edited by LatchoDrom42; 05-29-2016 at 10:29 PM.

Arcane Candidate
    Now that the time between turns have been fixed(thank you for that one by the way!) I played through another game and still have the issue of summon champion not actually summoning anything. Has there been any progress toward resolving this?

Arcane Candidate
    Yeah. Same issue playing unhallowed. Having no heroes at all the "summon hero" summons nothing. I think the problem is somehow linked to possible undead-can-have-only-undead-heroes feature. If this feature exists it is obvious you'll have trouble summoning. Cos of. 1. Stupid random summon shitsystem when you usually get any hero except the ones you want actually (I waste time to reload like 20-50 times each summon hero/champion spell playing not unhallowed to get useful hero. Devs, why can't you offer player a list of recruitable heroes while summoning? This random hero feature is soooooooooo annoying.) 2. All undead heroes are currently inside inns. Plz fix this stupid bug or gamedesign mistake. Not playing this otherwise very fine game til it is fixed. And think about the list for summoning. Thank you.

Arcane Candidate
    Confirmed there is no such feature as "undead heroes for undead". I had no problem summoning living heroes. Events happened since my last post - several turns and i founded new city (before that i only captured neutral towns). Voila, hero summoned.