Thread: Stupdity Illustrated

Stupdity Illustrated

Just got an e-mail from WI. They apologized for NOT putting out a Non-Steam version by giving me another STEAM game for free. Are these folks for real? I could get a STEAM version of WoM if wanted to. I don't want Steam.

They even had my backing amount listed with the "rewards." Give me my money back, not another STEAM game.
    - Al

Caster of the Inner Tower
    They explicitly said in the latest update "The DRM version issue should be clear in few weeks, would it be with GOG, or to be downloaded from our server." so the DRM-free version is coming, hopefully soon... with quite a lot of delays, but it's coming.

To be fair, they have been consistent these past few months in saying that the game would relaunch in Q2 on Steam, with DRM-free coming a few weeks after. They made the Steam launch on time and are still promising our copies in the next few weeks, so nothing's changed. As a DRM-free backer, I am just as disappointed and frustrated as anyone by this whole mess, but it's best just to let them keep at it for now.

Quote Originally Posted by kilobug View Post
    They explicitly said in the latest update "The DRM version issue should be clear in few weeks, would it be with GOG, or to be downloaded from our server." so the DRM-free version is coming, hopefully soon... with quite a lot of delays, but it's coming.
    They've been saying that for over a year now. I have a feeling their "soon" is not like most other people's "soon."

As for "It's coming."... I'll believe it when I see it, no sooner.

My point about the e-mail, though, was they wanted to "appease", a backer who did NOT want a Steam version (I dislike Steam) with another game, using Steam, the reason I did not grab their Steam version of WoM.

"Here Steam disliker. We know we've screwed you over on our backing, so here is another game delivered by your least favorite method: Steam."
    - Al

Well. Here we are again. We're past due for an update on our backer copies, and WI is ignoring the forums again (I posted twice in PQ this month asking for an update). Who's surprised? I know I am.

Why is this so. damn. hard.

Another year has passed...