Thread: Relations - race and AI players

Apprentice

Relations - race and AI players

Hiya

Just a couple quick questions.

First, does having different races impact their unrest. Ie, if I have orcs and dwarves as cities, will this effect my unrest overall and the individual city unrest, and consequently if i have orcs and elves in the same army does that effect anything, or for instance vampires and angels? This would play a large part in whether to keep a conquered city or not if this was the cast. It would also govern how you build armies.

Second, do actions have any consequence on AI players? For example, if i declare war on one AI player, will that effect how the other AI players view me? Do they have "alignments" so to speak (I haven't noticed anything specially calling that out, but then I might have overlooked it) or do they all just do their own thing and don't care what you do to their fellow lords?

Thanks

There's a nice table on page 60 of the manual that shows how different races cause unrest. It's very detailed, so I'd rather point you there than repeat it all There is no penalty for mixing units in an army, however, so even if you only want to have your own Glorious Master Race of cities, if you see a nice unit from a different race in an Inn or as a reward from a feature, you can use it with no problems.

AI players should, hypothetically, be able to engage in alliances or defense alliances, so if you attack one member, the other declares war on you as well. In practice, the AI isn't too interested in being friends with itself. Also, of course, all undead are always at war with all living, so nothing you do will change that.

Apprentice
    Thanks... I checked it out, good stuff. Honestly, I didn't even know that the manual existed... guess I am going to have to skim through it some, see what other tidbits I might get out of it.