Thread: [B0069] - OPEN - Gontar the cleric has no spells

Apprentice

[B0069] - OPEN - Gontar the cleric has no spells

So I got Gontar the cleric as a reward from a building with "prisoners". When I received him, he had mana but no spells and was I believe level 5 or 6. Well I finally leveled him, he is now lvl 8, and looking over the list of abilities I can give him for leveling, I see that I can reward him with Focuser which would give him an additional 10 mana bringing him up to 25 mana total. However, there are NO spells in his list of possible perks. So while I would love to give him more mana, I have no idea what he is supposed to use it on. I attached an image of this screen to this post. I scrolled the options to the bottom since spells have been showing up after perks and see you can there are no spell options.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by MedievalNerd; 06-24-2016 at 11:50 PM.

Apprentice
    Just an update... Gontar the cleric is now lvl 12 and again no spells showed up either at lvl 10 or 12. What is he supposed to be using his mana on? It would be nice if someone would respond to this. As it is, since he is not able to BE a cleric I will probably be replacing him with a more useful hero. PLEASE respond and let me know what the deal is with this tool. Thanks.

Gontar is - intentionally - the worst hero in the game. He is a cleric class, which is probably hard coded in the data files somewhere to have mana and to be able to take Focuser, but he doesn't have the Caster ability, so he will never get spells. The only value he has is that he should always come with Noble, so he gives you 5 gold a turn until you get rid of him in favor of someone better.

Gontar is useless. Get rid of him.

EDIT: I should say, since he is a cleric, he may be able to equip wands, which is what he would use mana for.