Thread: [B0077] - NOT A BUG - Hero levelling up doesn't allow any skill picks.

Neophyte Sorcerer

[B0077] - NOT A BUG - Hero levelling up doesn't allow any skill picks.

As indicated in the title. After a battle with a world feature that had some Draconian defenders, this popped up:

The feature was a corrupted Obelisk, which froze the hero for 3 turns.

I waited for the 3 turns, and although the hero woke up as normal, it never did get to gain its skills. Is a corrupted obelisk supposed to cancel out a hero's skill pick for a level? That isn't indicated in the text describing it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by MedievalNerd; 06-24-2016 at 10:57 PM.

Neophyte Sorcerer
    Update: I reloaded the game and tried a different world feature to attack. It has precisely the same result. So it doesn't have to do with the Obelisk's effect.

I think you only get skill picks on even levels.

Yeah, you only get skills every other level. Ask first, if you're unsure, then post as a bug

EDIT: Check out the game manual, pages 41 and 42 specifically, for details on hero levels
    Last edited by OneFiercePuppy; 06-20-2016 at 04:18 AM.

Neophyte Sorcerer
    Ah. It didn't occur to me that this had been changed from WoM, so I didn't think to look. Sorry about this; probably best to delete the thread so it doesn't clutter.

---------- Post added at 12:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:17 PM ----------

Though, some note about that in the "reach next level to learn a skill or spell" section might be good. As I read it, I thought, "but I just *did* reach the next level" hence the assumption that it was a bug. Perhaps, "reach level #" instead of "reach the next level"? That would be less ambiguous.