Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: DRM-free update

Arcane Candidate
    It's been a little more than a week now since I wrote to both leszek.lisowski@wastelands-interactive.com and kickstarter@wastelands-interactive.com asking for a Steam key, but I haven't gotten a single response. Those are the correct E-Mail addresses, right? Their E-Mail server is really flaky too. I resent the request to Leszek specifically, and with each outgoing message, it took several hours before their E-Mail server accepted the connection!

Arcane Candidate
    I wrote those guys again recently, but, as expected, there was no response. However, I noticed this morning that Steam was selling access to Planar Conquest for $4 (80% "discount"), so I went ahead and caved. I hope it's worth $4! I'll find out tonight (after having waited how many years?).

Apprentice
    I gave up trying to pry anything out of these jerks, and just wrote to them asking for a Steam key. After literally years of ignoring my every attempt through every medium to communicate with them about the DRM-free version, they responded with my key in about an hour. And at a time when that key is going for about $3, to boot. Simbey, I'm not sure why they answered me while ignoring you, but that's even more inexcusable. Just goes to show they only pay attention when they feel like it.

The DRM-free promise is abandoned. The promised "future content" development that some of us pledged extra to support is abandoned, per Leszek himself. These forums are abandoned. No new patches on Steam since August. There is absolutely no communication with the backers whatsoever. Through it all, WI has made it clear that they are working in bad faith and take no responsibility whatsoever for their failures or their promises. You'll take what we give you and be thankful for it, or you'll get nothing at all. What are they working on instead of WoM? Cooking Simulator. Good lord.

I have no more time in my life to waste on this bullshit. WI will never, ever get another penny from me, nor my friends and family, who are as disgusted with this behavior as I am. As with most Kickstarters, backing this one was a huge mistake. I hope redirecting the tiny amount of resources needed to uphold the DRM-free promise at even a minimal level of commitment was worth it. Oh wait - it didn't do a damn bit of good. The game was a failure, both critically and (judging from the abandoned expansion plans) commercially.

Now that I actually have the game, after years of being rebuffed, is it good? Is it bad? At this point, I barely even care. For everyone still holding out for the promised DRM-free copy, I wish you luck. I'm done.
    Last edited by Mentalepsy; 12-30-2017 at 11:21 AM.

Arcane Candidate
    Quote Originally Posted by Mentalepsy View Post
    Now that I actually have the game, after years of being rebuffed, is it good? Is it bad? At this point, I barely even care.
    That's close to how I feel. I got it all loaded up, but even on the fastest graphics settings at low screen resolutions it makes the fans go crazy in my computer, and the CPU usage is very high, so perhaps I'll give it a try when I get a new computer, maybe 2019. Is Planar Conquest, just sitting on the map view at the very beginning of a new game, really doing more work than Minecraft? I find that hard to believe...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123