Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: DRM-free update

DRM-free update

What's the status on our backer copies?

Suicidal Angel Administrator doomtrader's Avatar
    We are working on it and probably deliver them mid August.

Quote Originally Posted by doomtrader View Post
    We are working on it and probably deliver them mid August.
    Any update on this?

So it's been a week since asmodai's question about your now long past probable date of mid August and not even an acknowledgement let alone an answer by anyone, This is pretty much par the course and what I've come to expect.

Wasteland, what is the problem? Seriously, what is the problem? I sincerely want to know what is going on at your offices that has led us to this point.

Why has this task been so very, very difficult for you?

Why did you blame GOG for your failure to deliver after we presented you with numerous other options and compromises? Why have you still not taken any of those options?

Why do you repeatedly give us dates that you are not capable of meeting?

Why do we have to extract scraps of information from you by jumping up and down and shouting? Why are you not keeping us up to date of your own accord?

Why did you state that DRM-free was a "fundamental aspect" of the project when it pretty clearly never was?

Why do you just keep screwing up all of the above, in the exact same ways, over and over again? Why have you not seemed to learn anything from these mistakes?

Why have your original Kickstarter backers been dead last in your list of priorities since release?

If there are problems and complications with delivering, you should be making us aware of those issues, not just repeatedly pushing back the date with no explanation. We gave you money sight unseen in good faith, but if you are making a good faith effort to deliver, it sure as hell doesn't look that way. The game has been out for almost 18 months. Do you think it's unreasonable to expect to maybe get a copy of it?

Look, if you can't get me the game, then just give me my money back. I'm eager to conclude our business, so that I need not harass you about this any further.
    Last edited by Mentalepsy; 09-09-2016 at 01:08 PM.

Arcane Candidate
    Geez, I think that does it. I quit. WI, I would like my money back. It's now been over 3 years since we Kickstartered this, and still have nothing to show for it but delays, lack of communication, and, well, lies. Sorry, but that's the only word that really fits - I don't want to use it, but I can't think of a better word choice.

Who do I contact to request my money back?

Val

Mage of the Lesser Tower
    Quote Originally Posted by Rannous View Post
    Geez, I think that does it. I quit. WI, I would like my money back. It's now been over 3 years since we Kickstartered this, and still have nothing to show for it but delays, lack of communication, and, well, lies. Sorry, but that's the only word that really fits - I don't want to use it, but I can't think of a better word choice.

Who do I contact to request my money back?

Val
    You'd maybe need to complain to kickstarter and get your pledges refunded

No good going to kickstarter. Taken from the trust and safety part of the site. https://www.kickstarter.com/trust?ref=footer " Creators are responsible for their projects. When you back a project, you're trusting the creator to do a good job, so if you don't know them personally or by reputation, do a little research first. Kickstarter doesn't evaluate a project's claims, resolve disputes, or offer refunds — backers decide what's worth funding and what's not." So it seems wastelands are our only port of call and seeing they are being very conspicuous with there absence I don't see a lot of hope, if anyone has successfully gotten a refund off them please let us know.

In digging for information - which I shouldn't have to do - I found that Leszek is apparently blogging on Gama Sutra about multiplatform development.

No mention of GOG, or Kickstarter, or DRM-free, or how badly they fucked up all three. But we do get this gem:

Also the STEAM infrastructure allows you much better communication with players than on other platforms.
    Is this some kind of joke? Don't pretend that communication is important to you. It's clearly not. You pay no attention to your own forums, to your two unfinished Kickstarter campaigns, or to your emails, despite (or more likely, because of) the fact that you owe us the game, but hey! You post comments on Steam, which isn't relevant to the people you need to communicate with the most! Good job!

Oh, and apparently the game is out on consoles now.

What is wrong with you people?

Quote Originally Posted by Mentalepsy View Post
    Is this some kind of joke? Don't pretend that communication is important to you.
    I'm pretty sure they communicate well with their Steam users. Probably their mobile and console users as well. Most of their kickstarter backers likely took the Steam codes and so their Steam communication is with them as well. Very few gamers these days go to the forums for specific games so not responding here doesn't really alienate much of the population. Kickstarter backers who want a DRM-free version (such as myself) are a very small minority and hey, they already got our money. The money from the kickstarters ran out long ago and so they focus on other platforms (mobile, consoles, etc.) where they can get NEW users to bring in more money. If they release the DRM-free version tomorrow how much money is that going to make for them... likely very little because you and I already paid so what value is there in it for them? Apparently they think they can get more NEW (paying) users via mobile, console, etc. then Gog.com... they're probably right as Gog is still a pretty small market comparatively speaking.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast