Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: DRM-free update

Arcane Candidate
    That may be, but it's not just here that they're ignoring. There's been no response to posts on Kickstarter (which is not all that surprising), but also no response to direct emails to their website. That either means they're avoiding the responsibility, or they're incompetent, or they flat out don't care.

Arcane Candidate
    I am at the point where I just don't care anymore about DRM. I just want the game I paid for, if it has to be through steam then that's that but there's been no reply that I can see on the forums.

I requested a refund by email a few weeks back, on the assessment that WI is not making a legitimate effort to deliver. No response, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Rannous View Post
    Who do I contact to request my money back?

Val
    Good luck with that. 1 year ago I asked for mine back. Still no refund. Like Mentalepsy, I'd like to get rid of my connections with Waste[your time and money]lands Interactive. I can't. They won't give me the game promised to me through Kickstarter nor give me my money back.

Now, after staying away for a long, long time, I come back to see they are trying to create yet another game. They must have fucked up Worlds of Magic royally to start again with a new title.

Face it, these thieves will NEVER get out a DRM free version of ANY game they may eventually produce. They are Steam lackeys through and through, 100%.

Wastelands Interactive is a joke. And they're the only ones laughing right now. I hope you enjoyed the beer you bought with my $70 pledge. My bad for believing Master of magic may have a "spiritual successor."
    - Al

They recently posted a mailbox kickstarter@wastelands-interactive.com on the KS campaign page (apparently they still read it, they just don't give a shit) for somebody asking for a Steam key. No response to MY email, of course. Let's all make repeated use of it anyway, shall we? I am not going to leave these jerks alone until they either give me what I'm owed, or go bankrupt and close up shop. At this point, I'd consider either one a positive outcome. Preferably both.
    Last edited by Mentalepsy; 01-28-2017 at 10:03 AM.

Arcane Candidate
    Emailed inbox requesting a steam key in lieu of a DRM free version, got a reply & key within minutes of sending email.

All in, pleased with result

Arcane Candidate
    Have they formally posted anywhere that Steam is (and will be) the only way to get this game for PC? I really don't want to use Steam, but I also still haven't been able to play this game, and I'm burning out on Minecraft, so, you know...

I am still waiting for a DRM-Free version, too. But I don't believe there will ever be one.

Therefore, until Wastelands Interactive releases a DRM-Free version, I will not back another of their Kickstarters nor buy a game by them.

Quote Originally Posted by Greybriar View Post
    I am still waiting for a DRM-Free version, too. But I don't believe there will ever be one.

Therefore, until Wastelands Interactive releases a DRM-Free version, I will not back another of their Kickstarters nor buy a game by them.
    Same here, strung on, let down and lied to time & time again, it's hard trying not to feel too bitter about it but getting mugged off does that too you.

Caster of the Inner Tower
    Same feeling here, I can understand lots of things in a KS project, delays and cuts are unfortunate but sometimes unavoidable, but not providing a DRM-free version even when that was clearly promised... there is no excuse for that, even if they can't get the game on GOG, it's not very hard to host a password-protected archive somewhere and give that link to backers, or any other similar solution.

Sad

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast