Thread: AI bug: cant form alliances or improve relations

Mage of the Lesser Tower

AI bug: cant form alliances or improve relations

I expect relations to improve If I pay gold, mana, units or spells. Currently, they don't seem to do so.

So it's impossible to make friends with other lords and therefore can't build alliances.

If it is possible, I'm gonna need a guide on how to actually do it, please.

Not really a guide, but I can offer two tidbits: First, there's a global enchant (Aura of Majesty, Tier 4 Water/Mentalism) that gradually improves the attitude of the AI over time.

Second, I sort of treat the AI as though it's Irish - it may have a temper and come over and punch me in the face, but if I punch it back really hard, after a short while we can laugh it off and have drinks. If you smash a few enemy cities and build up a couple decent armies, the AI will figure it's better not to be on your bad side, and seems more likely to accept peace offers.

Mage of the Lesser Tower
    Puppy, you can confirm you're able to form alliances with predictability and reliability?

Alliances? No. But I don't play games long enough for it to much matter. Once I finish up my current game, I'll try a slower one where I really try to use the diplomacy better and see how it holds up.

With Aura of Majesty up, I rarely get the AI to declare war on me, and if I'm at war, I can reliably convince them to accept a peace offer by beating them up a little. But I don't get alliances often, and I really never try. So, no. I can't say I can reliably and predictably get alliances.