Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Conquest of Old World - German AAR

Mage of the Lesser Tower

Conquest of Old World - German AAR

My first AAR in English. I'll try to write it very quick.

Side: German (only)
    Settings: patch 1.21
    Difficulty:
    UK, USA, USSR, France - easy
    All rest - normal
    Some posts will be updated.

Mage of the Lesser Tower
    Embassy in Berlin - TOP SECRET

GENERAL INFORMATION

09/01/1939
    Germany without warning attacked Poland. List of their forces in attachment.

PRODUCTION
    Only important things below - all reports in attachment (last one 05/26/1940)
    09/01/1939
    War - Germany are not ready for conflict from economic point of view
    01/01/1940
    German production doubled since start of the war. Intense looting in Poland and Czech Protectorat.
    03/16/1940
    With fall of France Germany's production reached level of USA one.

RESEARCH
    09/01/1939
    Germans think their warfare is the best in the world and dont invest much in new technologies. Hard to receive any evidence about their progress

Good luck with AAR Karghul
    Put an apple in your mouth, we'll play Wilhelm Tell - "Hawkeye" Pierce to Frank Burns

Suicidal Angel Administrator doomtrader's Avatar
    Give it to us Karghul

Mage of the Lesser Tower
    Quote Originally Posted by doomtrader
    Give it to us Karghul
    After you give me an answer why ***** someone invented something so stupid like supply system in this game :lol: ;-)
    I'm working on weekend and sleep all Monday :-P So today Poland, Benelux and France :-) 8-)

IMHO supply system works fine.

Mage of the Lesser Tower
    In my opinion you never played in this game then ;-)
    Surrounded Allied and Russian forces can use normal moves and SMP and Germans has simply 0 options ;-) Try against human opponent and you'll find it different :-P

I've heard that before and of course there are some pros and cons.

And BTW: I play this game a lot (sometimes I fell it's too much). ;-)

Mage of the Lesser Tower
    Embassy in London - TOP SECRET

Here is an raport from CIGS about war in Poland - only for people with clerance above 5.

CISG
    Whitehall
    1A,WO 194/193/147
    12/06/1939

[center:b702ab83b4]Raport about Polish defence against German invasion[/center:b702ab83b4]

[center:b702ab83b4][/center:b702ab83b4]
    At 4:43 1st September 1939 Germany without declaration of war invaded Poland. Their plan was to surround mayority of Polish forces before they retreated behind Vistula River. As we can see on map on day 16 Sep '39 big German armoured forces cut off polish defenders from their HQ and destroy chances to defend Warsaw. Rapid march took Poles by surprise. Their morale suffer a lot because of lack air defense and proper orders. Simply HQ gives orders which couldnt be excecuted. 17th September was last day of organised defense. Lodz and Poznan were taken by German infantry. Polish armies were outnumbered and without command. In meantime Soviets pass the eastern borders. Polish HQ evacuated to Romania couldnt organise any kind of defense of Warsaw. Germans concentrate forces to take Warsaw. Capitol felt 10th October 1939 and Warsaw's defenders signed act of capitulation which finished war.
    [center:b702ab83b4][/center:b702ab83b4]

Mage of the Lesser Tower
    Embassy in Rome - TOP SECRET

(translation)
    SCC
    Rome
    1W/SCC/1/11
    01/06/1940

[center:f58e87acda]Strategic analysis about German preparations to attack on West[/center:f58e87acda]

After attack on Poland, France and England declared war on Germany. All world excpected quick and victorious march on Berlin. Our inteligence estimated that in infantry French has 3 times more soldiers, Germans had no tanks and armoured divisions, and with English support air supremacy was secured for Allies side. Time passed and and they didnt take any actions. As we know now French HQ issued orders to stay behind Maginote Line.
    [center:f58e87acda][/center:f58e87acda]
    They left Poland to their faith. That gave Axis time to consolide their gains on East. As we know Soviet Union invaded Poland as well as Germans. But we know now that it was agreed. And that A. Hitler signed treaty with Soviet Bear and which was executed on 20th October.
    On Balkans so quick overcome Poland shocked many States and improved Germans prestige.
    From the end of October OKW decided to move forces West. They concentrate on Netherlands and Belgium borders. We estimate that they need 2 more weeks to be ready launch offensive on France. Of course it will mean break neutrality of Belgium and Luksemburg. There is big probability they will assault Holand as well. Germans have 3 panzer, 5 motourised corpses and lots of infantry.

Our Command should think about join Axis alliance after France will be defeated and participate in split of English colonies in Africa.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast