Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: New pacific war game

  1. #1
    Arcane Candidate
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    5

    New pacific war game

    Hello people maybe you can give me some insight on your Pacific war game due out in the next few months. Hex's are of what size in Km's or milage? What size are units [smallest] I saw some of the terrain and it looked pretty good, will the Pacific war land maps be on a similiar scale as TOW. Beings the Pacific ocean is so large as compared to Europe how will the islands look, I saw Japan and it looked kinda small. I like the size of your maps in TOW and was wondering will the Pacific game be similar in scale, If you have looked at Battlefronts SC Pacific game its alright but the islands are very tiny but work well with the sizes of the huge invading armies, I have the game and at first it played well but when I see how your large maps work so well I like yours better. Please dont make the same mistake they made about size but its not their fault because their SC Europe game was of similar size. I was wondering if this could be done or if it is too late to do because of coding, If the scale of the Pacific ocean is done to scale so as too fit on you computer screen allowing for the zooms the islands would be pretty small unless there is a way to enlarge the islands above the scale you use. Might not have said that right gentlemen but what I meant is lets say your invading Iwo Jima is there any way to say enlarge Iwo when the invasion starts to be much larger, then what you show on the Pacific map and scale Iwo to the size of TOW battle grounds.[just an idea]

    Thank you
    Bo

    Bill Bowen
    bowenw1@verizon.net

  2. #2
    Mage of the Lesser Tower
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    259
    Hello Bo I'm glad that you find your own way to our oversea forum


    Quote Originally Posted by bo
    Hello people maybe you can give me some insight on your Pacific war game due out in the next few months.
    Of course we can

    Quote Originally Posted by bo
    Hex's are of what size in Km's or milage?
    The biggest map depending on latitude has 35-40 per hex (~15-25 miles).The map is flat, the word isn't so this values varies.

    Quote Originally Posted by bo
    What size are units [smallest] I saw some of the terrain and it looked pretty good, will the Pacific war land maps be on a similiar scale as TOW.
    Depending on map scale from battalions to divisions as smallest units. Regarding maps yes and no because we are preparing various ones.

    Quote Originally Posted by bo
    If you have looked at Battlefronts SC Pacific game its alright but the islands are very tiny but work well with the sizes of the huge invading armies,
    Well I played only demo and have only seen some screens from SC.

    It is always the issue hard to implement properly contradiction between size of Pacific and those tiny islands... , so as separate smaller scenarios we are preparing set of stand alone scenarios like Iwo Jima, Guadalcanal and so.


    Quote Originally Posted by bo
    If the scale of the Pacific ocean is done to scale so as too fit on you computer screen allowing for the zooms the islands would be pretty small unless there is a way to enlarge the islands above the scale you use. Might not have said that right gentlemen but what I meant is lets say your invading Iwo Jima is there any way to say enlarge Iwo when the invasion starts to be much larger, then what you show on the Pacific map and scale Iwo to the size of TOW battle grounds.[just an idea]
    It is interesting idea, but would rewire alto of changes in code. Maybe in future when we make a completely new engine.

  3. #3
    Acolyte
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    14
    Okay, I'll ask here rather than just at Matrix....
    will you be taking pre-orders on SOP.
    I'm looking forward to defending Aus from the Jap hoardes!!!
    (and modding the map! :mrgreen: )

  4. #4
    Mage of the Lesser Tower
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    259
    Well, Agent S because of your effort connected with modding of ToW I`m going to invite you the beta testers group as soon as we start external tests. So you will not have to preorder the game, unless you won’t have time for such challenge...

    And regarding your questions GamersGate usually offers preorder.

  5. #5
    Arcane Candidate
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Anraz
    Well, Agent S because of your effort connected with modding of ToW I`m going to invite you the beta testers group as soon as we start external tests. So you will not have to preorder the game, unless you won’t have time for such challenge...

    And regarding your questions GamersGate usually offers preorder.
    I know I would not have a chance as playtester right Anraz because you know I tell it like it is and I dont hide my feelings or when I think something is wrong with a game I can be a pain in the butt but at least I am honest to the core.

    Bo

  6. #6
    Acolyte
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    14
    :shock:
    I'd be honoured!

  7. #7
    Arcane Candidate
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    2
    Hi,

    I am very interresting to know the release date for "Storm over Pacific".
    As i'm actually working on a graphical mod for "WW2 Time of Wrath", i'll be very enthousiastic to work on a same thing for this new game after.
    Could you tell me, please, if the .png files structure is the same as WW2 TOW (How many units by nation ? what kind of units ? how many nations ? Is there a special iconography for ships (specific aerial counter for carrier's planes)? What kind of land and ocean's hexes).

    Thank you in advance.

    I'm very impatient to play this new opus...

    Bongo

  8. #8
    Mage of the Lesser Tower
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    259
    Quote Originally Posted by bongo
    I am very interresting to know the release date for "Storm over Pacific".
    March, 23rd.

  9. #9
    Arcane Candidate
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    2
    Thank you very much...

    Good news.

  10. #10
    Suicidal Angel Administrator doomtrader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    £ód¼
    Posts
    925
    Quote Originally Posted by bongo
    Could you tell me, please, if the .png files structure is the same as WW2 TOW
    The files structure is very similar, but the files are little bit different.

Similar Threads

  1. The Game Editor for Storm over the Pacific released
    By doomtrader in forum SoP - Discussion
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 06-08-2010, 10:25 AM
  2. Storm over the Pacific game preview
    By doomtrader in forum SoP - Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-10-2010, 01:10 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
footer