Thread: some feedback

Arcane Candidate

some feedback

Hello

Firstly congratulations to the developers for building this game. It must have been an effort...

My interest is mainly in this system as multiplayer human game and in this context we have tested it extensively.

I would like to post some observations, which in my opinion would make Time of Wrath more playable, particularly in multiplayer/alliance situations.

1. While allowing play of small nations is very democratic, the effect ultimately is frustration. For example if computer controlled, they do annoying deployments such as Romanian fighters occupying france while their ground forces engage the russians.

My suggestion -> Minor powers would be better absorbed into the control of the (human) major power of the given side when they are activated. (ie a setting of human controlled once activated)

Add the minor power production to the major power production to save having to do too many turns and separate research etc.

2. Human - Human play, I saw this as a replacement for tabletop games (eg WiF, ETO), but the balance seems off. Russia seems to be too powerful, I managed to build lots of units by late 1940 and march on germany too easily

My suggestion -> review the build capacity of all major powers, it seems not bad for germany/western allies though.

3. It has been a while since I played but I think another thing we noticed was that ships could easily sail past choke points like Gibraltar etc.

My suggestion ->There should be some effect of mines/shore batteries/torpedo boats etc. Make sure suez canal is blocked if any adjacent hex is contested.

4. Having Germany and Czechoslovakia

Keep up the good work

Stephen

Mage of the Lesser Tower
    Thanks for your remarks!

Arcane Candidate

Re: some feedback

Quote Originally Posted by iceolate
    Hello

4. Having Germany and Czechoslovakia
    In case anyone is interested what I meant to say under this heading was that these countries might as well be united for the purposes of the game.

cheers

Stephen