Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CTD

Arcane Candidate
    I don't know how to zip, so i hope this is good enough, if not then just tell me how to zip folders, and here's what Bleck suggested:

Wroga Zone d'Operations Aeriennes Nord Wezel Paris. Dod.PS 5. Silawezla=5
    Wroga Zone d'Operations Aeriennes Est Wezel Reims. Dod.PS 3. Silawezla=12
    Wroga Zone d'Operations Aeriennes Sud Wezel Dijon. Dod.PS 3. Silawezla=3
    Wroga Zone d'Operations Aeriennes des Alpes Wezel Marseilles. Dod.PS 5. Silawezla=5
    Wroga Zone d'Operations Afrique Wezel Algiers. Dod.PS 3. Silawezla=3
    Wroga Zone d'Operations Moyen-Orient Wezel Beirut. Dod.PS 1. Silawezla=1
    Searching for interceptor...
    Searching for interceptor finished, no interceptors in range
    Luftgau-Kommando I (sila:5, lev:2, zaop:0) atakuje Brygada Poscigowa (sila:3, lev:1, zaop: 0)
    Kolumna = +3, D6=5, Straty at=0, Straty obr=1

I suppose I should clarify, at this point its not a CTD anymore, the game just freezes up now, don't remember if i've said that already or not.

Arcane Candidate
    Any luck with trying to find out what's wrong?

Neophyte Sorcerer
    Your save is working fine on my current version of game (we fixed some bugs related with air fights, so I think this was the problem). Have you tried to load and play this autosave several times? Is it always the same - freezes and last lines in consoleout.txt is the same?

Arcane Candidate
    i have a similar problem, my software also purchesed thru impulse.

Frequently CTD when i hit end turn. I don't have troubles with any other time.

Also yesterday i was able to run it all day just fine, now it's doing this again.

version is 1.70

the ConsoleOut.txt has this only

Opening file for writing...
    data\save\Autosave\ai_data.csv
    Error opening file for writing

if i open that file it's full of stuff...previous game data i guess - looks ok

when i ninstalled impule coiuld not handle the serial number bizzo, had to initially do that manually and run as admin. maybe it's related? anyway i like the game a lot - good work. seems the impulse version is a bit funny.

*** edit - oh this happens to me even if i start a new game...like now - boo hoo. constant ctd on end turn- if i delete this file maybe it will help?

Suicidal Angel Administrator doomtrader's Avatar
    Please be sure you are running the game as an administrator and that save game folder can be rewritable.
    Also make sure that any of the files in autosave are not opened by other programs.

Arcane Candidate
    Quote Originally Posted by billy
    when i ninstalled impule coiuld not handle the serial number bizzo, had to initially do that manually and run as admin. maybe it's related?
    The game needs to be run with administrator priviliges when it is installed in location where user is not allowed to write to. Try to run the game as admin

*** edit - oh this happens to me even if i start a new game...like now - boo hoo. constant ctd on end turn- if i delete this file maybe it will help?
    It seems that these two CTDs have the same source, a trial to save game to forbidden location (game autosaves when the turn is finished). Try to run the game as admin.

Arcane Candidate
    Well i ran the game then as an admin, started a new game, hit end turn and it worked.

Looking at the text in that file i'd say this is the problem. Perhaps impulse fails to make it run as an admin or something.

Thanks for your quick replies great work three thumbs up

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12