Thread: Manual?

Arcane Candidate

Manual?

I recently received "Storm over the Pacific" to review for http://www.game-debate.com/ but unfortuately the manual folder http://www2.wastelands-interactive.c...c%20Editor.exe contains only
    aaaaaaaaabbbbbb
    While I have managed to figure out alot of the basic stuff: Deploying units, moving, attacking, reinforcing, upgrading, repairing small naval units etc. I am sure I am missing much of the more advanced stuff.
    I am really enjoying the Invasion of Australia and would love to know:
    1/ How to pause the combat dialogues since they flash past to quickly to read, and
    2/ How to send my major vessels for repair/ how to upgrade my shipyards to repair them.

Review will appear at GameDebate on May 8th, meanwhile here are some of my efforts on games in the same genre:

Hearts of Iron III Review: http://www.game-debate.com/articles/...94&game=Hearts of Iron III
    For the Glory Review: http://www.game-debate.com/articles/...d=369&game=For the Glory

Suicidal Angel Administrator doomtrader's Avatar
    Hello Chopa,

I'm hoping you have got latest beta build available to play (which currently is 27 and is going to be 28 tomorrow morning), if not please write me to doomtrader[at]bitterglory.com,

Answering your questions.
    1) In preferences screen you should be able to change time of display for various informations (but that depends on the build you are playing:

2) Every ship can be repaired in port, but please make sure that the port size is enough to enter a ship there. CV needs a port size at least 4. Also you can repair only one HP of ship per turn.

Arcane Candidate
    Thanks for the swift reply Doomtrader.

I am playing Version 1, Build 24.

I will try the settings as you suggest.....Sorta think I found a way to hold the message till I'd read it by pressing two keys: Shift and right mouse or some similar combination, but I haven't been able to reproduce that.... Am I having delusions?

Port size 4.
    Yep, till I capture Brisbane or Sydney I guess I'm SOL.

No online Manual yet then?

P.S. Congratulations on building a very addictive game. I sit on the edge of my seat waiting for the Aussie AI to finish his turn so I can continue my march to the sea.

I was also pleasantly surprised to find an orchestral arrangement of "Redgum's" "I was only 19" on the soundtrack...Outstanding!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Urtiyp-G6jY

I will try the settings as you suggest.....Sorta think I found a way to hold the message till I'd read it by pressing two keys: Shift and right mouse or some similar combination, but I haven't been able to reproduce that.... Am I having delusions?
    I'm going to check that, maybe you have found new functionality :-)

No online Manual yet then?
    We are still working over the manual as some things are changing dynamically, so a number here or there is pretty important.

Arcane Candidate
    Altered the settings as you suggested and now I am getting the full gist of the combat reports, thank you. There is a "Pause" and "Skip" button on the combat report which helps too.
    This may be "old news" but until the manual is finished it might also be of use to other players. Till now I have been flying fighter and Tactical bomber sorties from the towns to which I have moved my squadrons via "Strategic movement". Sometimes they are to far away to reach the battles. Yesterday I discovered, quite by accident, that I can redeploy squadrons to "green field" airstrips away from the towns just by moving them like ground units. This has greatly improved my "close air support".
    Am I right in assuming that in order to airdrop paratroopers I need to upgrade my tech to "Strategic bombers"?

To airdrop paratroopers, they have to do nothing for three turns.

Arcane Candidate
    Hi, I am also reviewing SoP, and I am wondering if the online manual is available yet, because I'd like to make sure I know how to play the game correctly before writing the review! I would also like to test out the multiplayer, but it would be easier for everyone to learn to play if I could pass on a copy of the manual.
    Thanks.

The manual is attached in Manual folder in the game main folder.

Arcane Candidate
    Quote Originally Posted by doomtrader
    Awesome, thanks for the clarification! I look forward to checking out the game.

Arcane Candidate
    Quote Originally Posted by doomtrader View Post
    I have recently bought the game via steam and there is no manual, it does make all but the basics difficult to figure out. Any chance of making a pdf available for me
    Best
    Mike