Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Day of Infamy!

Day of Infamy!

I am just wondering if it is possible to come close to replicating Japan success for the day of infamy?

I have tried restarting many times with my initial attack on Pearl Harbor, and all I do is reduce their strength.

I also have the advantage of spotting 2 American Carrier groups right off the bat.

I first recon the Hawaian islands then I airstrike the sea zone, and get some minor hits, however when I click on the green circle which is Pearl Harbor I get no results.

Am I doing something wrong perhaps?

Suicidal Angel Administrator doomtrader's Avatar
    When you want to attack ships in the port you must choose port (city with anchor icon) as a target.

Then you are attacking not only fleet but also land unit stationing there and a port installations.

Quote Originally Posted by doomtrader
    When you want to attack ships in the port you must choose port (city with anchor icon) as a target.

Then you are attacking not only fleet but also land unit stationing there and a port installations.
    I finally figured that one out, and after attacking for three game turns I never managed to sink any ships in port. The only appreciable damage I did was reduce the port from size 9 to 7, and reduce the strength of some of the groups there.

I know it may be a balancing issue, but shouldn't attacks by carrier groups be more deadly?

Mage of the Lesser Tower
    We will check and see how other players perceive it and and if there is such a common need we will make a fix with random chance of much bigger damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Anraz
    We will check and see how other players perceive it and and if there is such a common need we will make a fix with random chance of much bigger damage.
    On that same note, I checking the game files, and could not find any easily identifibale files I can tweak the unit stats.

Is this game moddable so us the community can address such things, everyone will have their own opinions as far as what kind of damage Carrier groups should be doing.

I for one would love to have a Hardcore mod where carrier groups are the main stay of fleet ops, and are deadly and can extend their reach one sea zone out of their influence. If a friendly carrier fleet is not present to intercept the incoming strike then ships should be sunk.
    (I guess in game terms groups should lose a random value of 5-destroyed)

So maybe as far as carrier groups are concerned you should select either CAP, Strike, Recon. If a carrier fleet has a CAP selection, then this should significantly reduce the damage of a STRIKE.

This model is most important to reproduce results like Midway, where both fleets sent out strikes, and the Americans came away victorious with skill and luck. Though not without a scratch.

Battlegroups (Battleship Fleets) should be deadly within their own zones.

Patrol Group less so, but extremely efficient at raids (I believe they are already).

Just my two cents. :-D

This is how one of my strikes looks like after some tweaks:

This is how one of my strikes looks like after some tweaks:

Cool!! That is what I am talking about. Generally once a Carrier group sights it's prey, ship small and large get sunk.

What tweaks did you do, I tried looking into the TOW mod section but I am at a lost at how to mod the settings to make naval warfare more deadly.

We have pull out some modifiers into the consts.csv file.

We have pull out some modifiers into the consts.csv file.
    I am trying to make sense of the consts.csv file, and so far I haven't a value to edit to make carrier air strikes more deadlier. I edited this line

#Defender losses in air strike (strength lost - float);;;;;;;;;;;;;,,
    #die roll;1;2;3;4;5;6;;;;;;;,,
    Losses (strength);1;2;3;4;5;6;;;;;;;,,

The default values were .1 .2 .3 .4 .5 .6 and it only made Air Strikes more effective on ground troops.

I am looking at this setting but can't make any sense out of it

#Strike on harbor chance to hit;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    #Visible vessel;not visible vessel;HP for every 1 HP;Strategic bombers accuracy;;;;;;;;;;
    4;2;5;50;;;;;;;;;;

Please inform about the right values to edit, and also their constraints because I made one setting too high and it caused a crash.

You don't have those settings yet in your csv yet.
    You will find them in gold version

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast