Thread: Patch 1.03

Arcane Candidate

Patch 1.03

Patch 1.03 is available on the Matrix site but it doesn't work for games bought from other sites, such as Gamersgate. Will you post the patch on this site so we can download it? Thanks

Mage of the Lesser Tower
    Have you tried to use autoupdater?

Arcane Candidate
    Thanks for your reply, but unfortunately, I can't find the autoupdater - it's not an obvious menu option when I start the game (Start, Preferences, Credits, Exit).

Also, I'm not sure it would work from the machine I have the game on. For some reason I can't access the Wastelands site normally from there - I think my IP may be blocked - so I have to go through an anonymiser to access the site (and therefore I presume download the patch).

Suicidal Angel Administrator doomtrader's Avatar
    Please open your start menu and look for Storm over the Pacific folder. After that please run Autoupdater.

Arcane Candidate
    Thanks Doomtrader. I found an updater program from Thraex which was not in my Storm over the Pacific folder. It tried to connect but came back with the error that it Can't download Storm over the Pacific's XML settings with the reason that the URL (http://www2.wastelands-interactive.c...pdate_info.xml) may be invalid or the internet connection broken.

As I can connect to the internet and other sites normally, and I can access the Wastelands site through an anonymiser (but not without one), I think I can't use the updater because my IP address from my ISP is blocked from accessing the Wastelands domain. Who should I contact to see if my IP address is blocked?

Many thanks for your help on this.