Thread: localization

Arcane Candidate

localization

Is it possible to improve the translation in my German version of the game?

I watch some Modding about the map but no txt files could be found to change.

Arcane Candidate
    Hi Amadeus,

Would it be possible to be a little more specific about what you are talking about? i.e. maybe post an example here in this thread?

I ask because at the moment I am playing with the English version and don't have the German version. I am a bilingual American living in Germany and I didn't realize there where such translation issues here - if they are not too many, maybe I could help WI out a little bit here...I do have quite a lot of expierience with proof-reading English-German translations after all. Not so much with Polish-German translations though.... [that would be for my wife ;-) ]

However in my English version of the game everything seems ok enough. So I need an example to see if I could offer some help or not...

Romdanzer

Suicidal Angel Administrator doomtrader's Avatar
    Just to let you know that English->German translation was made by Germans.

If you would like to edit country, names, cities or units names, then you are able to do so in scenario folder in .csv files.

Arcane Candidate

localization

First of all I am happy to find a good German Version of a (small) Wargame title like "Time of Wrath". You want some examples for a better translation. OK:

KI Thread Priorität“ => Do not really know what this option mean, not completely translated anyway. Even in the manual.

Purchase“ button => Simply means „Kauf“ instead of „Beschaffung“

Odds“ and „Column“ => Default Translation here is „Chancen“ (Odds) and „Spalte“ (column). For me as a Newbie this is hard to understand. I mean what is it for. Special term for this game I guess.

I would translate it to „Siegquote“ (Odds) and „Gefechtstabelle“ (column)

That is only a quick review of mine. If I could edit terms like this by my own I would make it.

Suicidal Angel Administrator doomtrader's Avatar
    Thanks for kind words and spotting that issues,

Unfortunately this one is beyond player's possibility, I'll correct that for another patch for German version.