Thread: Unbalanced?

Unbalanced?

Is it just me or is the game unbalanced? It's impossible to win as Soviet against Germany. Has anyone besides me tried? Please let me know. The chockperiod (during some turns)takes away all defence I have. Or should I go for defending Stalingrad at once and not try to put up a defence on the European part of the map?

Has anyone the same experience as me or am I just a bad player. It would help if I knew. Post a reply please.

Before the chockperiod I was winning as Soviet. It was possible to have troops and defend on the European part of the map. That changed when the chockperiod was introduced.

Perhaps is this something for the gamemakers to look up?

Suicidal Angel Administrator doomtrader's Avatar
    Does the shock events triggered before the war against Germany?

Could you please write something more about it?

Quote Originally Posted by doomtrader
    Does the shock events triggered before the war against Germany?

Could you please write something more about it?
    Thanks for your reply. The schock comes into play the turn that Germany declares war on the Sovietunion and begins to hammer away at the russian army. Allmost all of the Soviet counters gets the value zero. After a short while with the Soviet player having indured this, the points that one should buy more counters for, gets set to a negative value and I can't buy any new reinforces. It stays like that for the reminder of the game. It's also not possible to reinforce the remaining counters on the map because the points for Soviet is negative. One time it got down to -114 points to buy something for so it is quite impossible.

Allmost all the free reinforces that the Soviet player gets during the game (NKVD troops and such) all have the value of 0. Whith the exemption of two panzer brigades and a motorized infantry brigade that pops up on the map (with 3 XXX). I think it is a brigade. Anyway it's not a division (2 XX).

In all my games I have declared war on Finland and Finland have surrendered after the victory points cities - Vyborg, Helsinki, Turku and Petsamo - are taken.

I haven't tried to declare war on Germany as the Sovietunion yet, so I don't know if the same thing occurs then.

In all games I have moved the factories to the east so they don't become eaten up by Germany.

The shock window comes up a couple of times I think maybe three or four times. All I can do as the Soviet player is to confirm this. It's not a choice anyway, it just is.

It's a nice game as a whole though.

In all my games Germany is set to "very hard" and the Sovietunion is set to "very easy". I haven't tried anything else.

Suicidal Angel Administrator doomtrader's Avatar
    This 'early war' shock will be removed after a couple of turns and soviet troops will become more useful.