Thread: Bug? First Ship in a Fleet Group Does Not Fire

Acolyte

Bug? First Ship in a Fleet Group Does Not Fire

I think this is a bug: the first ship in a “Regular” fleet list never fires. This is bad when the AI sends single ships to attack my ‘raider’ fleets in the sea zone around the UK, and then my ‘regular’ fleet attacks them. I get a result of one of his ships fighting a group of mine, and he never fires back. This happened a lot of other times throughout my game, too, where I have whittled down one of his fleets to a handful of ships and only one shows up in the engagement screen, and it gives a great advantage to the guy who has two or more ships in the weekly sea engagement against a single enemy ship, even if it is a single carrier against two or three subs. Note that even in a group of ships, the first ship in the group won’t fire either.

Acolyte
    Any comments?

Suicidal Angel Administrator doomtrader's Avatar
    I've been trying to recreate this, but with no luck.
    Any specific conditions with that?

Acolyte
    No specific conditions needed. Just two regular fleets shooting at each other.

Get into a naval fight between two fleets. When they are shooting at each other, watch the ships shoot (do not "AUTO"). As the target cycles back and forth as they shoot at each other, read the report at the bottom that says which ship shoots at what. If you write down or remember which ships are shooting, you will never see the first ship in either fleet target and shoot.

Suggetion for recreating? Make a one ship fleet set on "regular" as Germany and sail it to the north sea or NE atlantic. Wait for a fight with Britain. Your ship will never shoot back.