Thread: Units surrounded and strategic movement ?

Hybrid View

Neophyte Sorcerer

Units surrounded and strategic movement ?

Hummm......

Problem : it's seems that surrounded units can escape from the pocket by using strategic movement ?? It's clearly a critical bug no ?

Suicidal Angel Administrator doomtrader's Avatar
    This is not against the game design and mechanics.
    All countries are moving with turns, but those are only simulating real flow of time, so even if countries are moving one after another, units surrounded in the same turn can use strategic movement to escape.

This rule of course favors USSR, but on the other hand, Germans are moving first which gave them an offensive bonus as the can choose the destination.

Neophyte Sorcerer
    Thank you very much for your quick answer, doomtrader, I'm very grateful for it.

Theoretically i understand that you explain. In practice, i don't understand yet how a unit could be surrounded in a PBEM game, i imagine that the opponent will escape allways his surrounded units by using strategic movement during the first turn where they are surrounded, according to available strategic mouvements points, of course.

No ?

Suicidal Angel Administrator doomtrader's Avatar
    This is a matter of some design decisions. This is truth that the player can escape with his unit by using strategic deployment points, but this is additional a cost for him.