Thread: So what happend to ' Bitter Glory '?

Arcane Candidate

So what happend to ' Bitter Glory '?

From the looks of it, it seems you gave up on the wordscale game in favour of a europe and pacific scale game.
    While i might enjoy a Europe Theater game, since i prefer to play germany, a world-map scale game would be a lot more fun.

I can understand that BG might have been a big a challange to get the entire world into 1 game, with the things you planed to achieve to bring into the game and the limiting the area of the game to just 1 theater, making the programming easier.

Well i am looking forward to Time of Fury (who came up with that one?),
    but i like to ask if BG is still on the "to do" roster or if it wont be done at all.

In HoI, the thing i liked most was, that is was the entire world in 1 game...

What i miss in this forum is more insights into the game as it was done befor in the Dev Diaries of BG...
    For example , are units still build from the ground up as we choose to? squad-company-battalion-regiment etc. ?
    I was looking forward to building my own division types, infantry and tank division alike...

regards
    Szun

Suicidal Angel Administrator doomtrader's Avatar
    Bitter Glory situation will be explained with official newsletters within upcoming weeks.

Arcane Candidate
    Thank You, i'll check it out

btw. i get it, to make smaller scale games, easier to produce and to learn from,
    with a economic agender to keep the company alive
    makes sense, for a company..and i do not mind at all, i only hope someday we all get the big game
    Last edited by Szun; 06-29-2011 at 09:36 PM.

Arcane Candidate
    Hi,

Well - I'm back for those of you who remember me. I'm writing now from my new house. And now I checked the wastelands forums and websites and Bitter Glory is nowhere to be seen????? >8-P

So yes what happened? Did you make a private area/forum for members?.................... if so I tried registering.

Romdanzer
    Last edited by Romdanzer; 06-30-2011 at 09:13 PM. Reason: Better Smily

Arcane Candidate
    Hey, is Bitter glory dead? Damn.

Arcane Candidate
    Quote Originally Posted by doomtrader View Post
    Bitter Glory situation will be explained with official newsletters within upcoming weeks.
    Well, its been 2 month now...
    sorry if i am a pain in the 'behind' ^^

Arcane Candidate
    well its been 14 month since the last time i posted...
    and there was no newsletter explaining what happend/will happen with 'Bitter Glory'

I feel like i am asking to see the gold bars in Fort Knox(US)... =>secretive silence

Suicidal Angel Administrator doomtrader's Avatar
    We have spent a lot of time on reviewing the progress of the game, and unfortunately the the only reasonable way to make this game ever happen, would be to dump away everything and eventually start from the very beginning.