Thread: SotP v1.05b for Gamersgate version?

Arcane Candidate

SotP v1.05b for Gamersgate version?

I'm curious. Last post from an administrator was 4 July 2011. But on 3 March, Wastelands Interactive stated only a week or two for the v1.05b patch for all versions. I bought through Gamersgate, manually updated to v1.02. Now trying to autoupdate shows v1.05b is current version. But trying to download it produces an error:

"Can't download Storm over the Pacific's update file. Reason is: File 'http://www.wastelands-interactive.com/shared/Storm%20over%20the%20Pacific%20Setup%201.05b.exe' couldn't be accessed because permission was denied (403) Do you want to continue and try to get other updates? (Yes = recommended)".

Two buttons appear on this dialog box: "Yes" and "No". Pressing the "Yes" button results in the Autoupdater telling me no updates were downloaded. I can then finish or cancel; both of which end the autoupdater session. Pressing the "No" button immediately terminates the autoupdater session. If I get a (403) "Forbidden" message if I click on the link in the previous message, from where am I to get the Gamersgate version? Searching the Internet for the v1.05b patch turns up only the Matrix version. Sorry, no Gamersgate customers need apply - wrong format for the serial number. I know you guys are crashing on your new project, but to have an existing patch forbidden for legitimate customers to download? What's the story here? It doesn't appear to be support after the sale.

V/R
    Bob Mercer

Suicidal Angel Administrator doomtrader's Avatar
    You can manually download this file here:
    http://www2.wastelands-interactive.com/shared/

Arcane Candidate

No, I can't

Clicking on the link in the previous post works to take me to a page of files.. Clicking on the specific file I want on that page, Storm over the Pacific patch 1.05b.exe just gives me the same old 403 message. you are forbidden from downloading from this server. So is this an intelligence test of some sort? If so, I'm failing miserably, probably rank right up there with the protozoa. :-)

V/R
    Bob M.

Arcane Candidate
    Doesn't work for me either, all of the files gives a "Forbidden You don't have permission to access /shared/xxxxx on this server." error message.

Arcane Candidate
    MFS
    MFS: Magic F**king Sh*t. A term used by members of the US Army during the first Gulf war to describe electronic device, computer, or software glitches that rectified themselves without human intervention: e.g. "We were doing the divisional fire plan digitally, when the f**king box (computer) locked up. Two hours of work lost. Smitty was about to kick its useless carcass when it started working again. MFS, I tell you."

And it's MFS that the link given above is working now and I can download the patch. Pity the administrator was too busy working on their new project to have posted an answer. But new products put food on the table and customer support never filled a belly. :-)

Suicidal Angel Administrator doomtrader's Avatar
    mercerre, great you have been able to download the file