Thread: What was the latest moving picture or TV box programme you watched\enjoyed?

Administrator Administrator

What was the latest moving picture or TV box programme you watched\enjoyed?

I watched a film by Kevin Smith the other day called Red State, not a bad film at all. About a small religious sect in the States and how three college lads are duped after answering an add on the internet offering abit of hows your father. A great ending and worth a watch.

Another film I watched was Sourcecode. Again worth watching and a take on a kind of time travel movie. I did feel it felt a little like The Jacket which was an excellent movie. Anyway I'd say watch The Jacket and then watch Sourcecode, both are worth looking at with your eyes, oh you need to use your ears too.

The Walking Dead is a series I watched recently. I nearly gave up near the start of season one as I felt the acting was poor and the characters seemed to much like stereotypes. However I stuck with it and found I was drawn in. Season 2 was slow, glacially slow. However again I stuck with it and even though I think it went on three or four episodes to long the last two episodes where worth the wait. Funny enough when the season ended I found I really missed it. So looking forward to season three which I expect will be showing towards the end of the year on our Telly boxes.

Talking of Zombies my favourite film that has these shuffling, rather ripe and most likely a touch smelly (sounds like myself, scary) undead is Zombieland. It's a great movie. It has humour and gore in good measure and a brilliant cameo my Ghostbusters legend Bill Murray as himself. As usual Woody Harrelson turns in a great performance. Highly recommended.

I was going to say I had two favourite Zombie films but really one of them isn't a Zombie movie but a virus movie. That film is 28 Days later. I really enjoyed it and find the fact that these not undead zombies can run after you makes the film very intense. A must see film. The sequel was OK.

Mage’s Assistant
    I have been watching The Walking Dead, on Netflix, for a few months. Love it. Netflix release a series earlier this year called Lilyhammer, starring Steven Van Zandt(he was Silvio Dante on the Soprano's). Lilyhammer is actually a Netflix production and it is funny. Here is a summary from IMDB:

"Frank Tagliano ('Steven Van Zandt' ), is a former New York mobster, who after testifying in a trial in the United States, Tagliano joins the witness protection program. Intrigued by the place after watching the Winter Olympics in 1994, he is relocated to Lillehammer in Norway. The transition from being a feared and respected gangster in New York, to becoming an unemployed immigrant in Norway, is not simple. Frank soon discovers that in order to succeed in this rural Norwegian society, he must resort to his old ways."

Just sitting down to watch the lovely Faye Dunnaway in Bonnie and Clyde.

Warpsites next beauty contest should be beauties through the ages. Maybe each category is say a decade? If this idea is solen and psoted a Matrix I shall be angry and never speak to anyone again ever.

HauRuck
    SourceCode was really good. For SciFi I really recommend a small independant GEM called MOON. Loved it.

About the only show I watch on TV regularly is Game of Thrones on HBO. I really enjoy it, I'm a sucker for fantasy/sci-fi.

Abecedarian Mage
    I liked Avengers.

And my friends all seemed to like it.

I haven't a clue who any of the people are though. But Robert is funny as Ironman. He is so full of himself.
    Please don't go on about how cool it is I like wargames. It gets old.
    Some of my comments are just me parroting his bitching.

Moon was a superb film.

If you liked SourceCode I'd say watch the Jacket, sort of similar but I prefered The Jacket to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by HauRuck View Post
    SourceCode was really good. For SciFi I really recommend a small independant GEM called MOON. Loved it.

About the only show I watch on TV regularly is Game of Thrones on HBO. I really enjoy it, I'm a sucker for fantasy/sci-fi.