Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Question. Norm Kroger's TOAW III

Adept Sorcerer

New Question. Norm Kroger's TOAW III

Worth getting? I'm the weird person that prefers downloads and doesn't get the hard copy. So, I think it would be 39.99?

A little of my history....

I liked Western Front
    I liked War in Russia
    I like War in the East but don't play it a lot.
    I liked Battles in Normandy, although I'm really not all that good with it.

H Gilmer.

Abecedarian Mage
    It depends. Will you be crying about the engine and whining about some pointless detail or will you like getting 'every board game you ever owned' in a single program?

My other half calls it the Steel Panthers of divisional wargaming. It's not perfect, as if any wargame ever was, and even Steel Panthers has it's limitations, but, it allows you to play anything 20th century you can dream up. Chances are if you like it, you simply won't need any other divisional wargame. It's simply not beer and pretzels, you have to actually like board games to like it.
    Please don't go on about how cool it is I like wargames. It gets old.
    Some of my comments are just me parroting his bitching.

Administrator Administrator
    H Gilmer, I found the combat mechanic awkward and not very intuitive, however saying that with abit of time and effort you will pick it up. It's not to newbie friendly though.

However my feelings are that if you enjoy WITE and game so that scale ther eis a far greater chnace yo will love it than not. As Joan said you have a lifetimes supply of scenarios out there aswell covering all periods.

Arcane Candidate
    Rather get the John Tiller Campaign Series - 3 games for the price of one and a much higher player base to go up against. Although I enjoyed the TOAW series too.

Abecedarian Mage
    Campaign series though is a different scale.
    Please don't go on about how cool it is I like wargames. It gets old.
    Some of my comments are just me parroting his bitching.

TOAW III is one of the best bargains in the history of computer wargaming. As Joan d'Arc said, its like getting every wargame you ever played and much more.

Granted, some of the graphics are dated and the AI is fairly predictable but you will never run out of new scenarios to play.

Acolyte
    It's an absolute must-own just for Boonierat's Vietnam stuff, let alone everything else.
    Last edited by Hertston; 05-25-2012 at 04:42 AM.

Adept Sorcerer
    I'm trying to decide to buy it. I have so many right now that I don't know that I'd play it. Now, I see World in Flames is coming out and I really like WW2 strategy games that covers everything.

Administrator Administrator
    Probably great to read 13th Valley and Steel my Soldiers Hearts when playing these.

Quote Originally Posted by Hertston View Post
    It's an absolute must-own just for Boonierat's Vietnam stuff, let alone everything else.

Mage’s Assistant
    Quote Originally Posted by GordianKnot View Post
    TOAW III is one of the best bargains in the history of computer wargaming. As Joan d'Arc said, its like getting every wargame you ever played and much more.

Granted, some of the graphics are dated and the AI is fairly predictable but you will never run out of new scenarios to play.
    I must agree with these sentiments. I love the damned game. And still play from time to time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast