Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Question. Norm Kroger's TOAW III

Adept Sorcerer
    I just got it on sale at Matrix. I'm glad I waited.

Administrator Administrator
    I bet your glad. Turned out good timing though. Nothing on Matrix books I want to be honest. Will buy anything by Panther Games when it comes out though I can't bring myself to purchase Market garden in that engine again no mater the price.

Adept Sorcerer
    My interest in the Matrix catalog is waning a bit. I don't really see even older games I want. But, I am anxiously waiting the "War In The West" based on the WITE game engine. I'm definitely going to buy that one. I'm interested in the tactical development of Forge of Freedom, but I'm not that interested. World in Flames is another I am kind of waiting on.

Hopefully, one of the three will be out this year.

Abecedarian Mage
    Have you ever seen Anglo German War by Schwerepunct Games Ron Dockals company?

It's basically everything WitE is, but Ron made no bones about it, he made it a board game on a computer.
    Please don't go on about how cool it is I like wargames. It gets old.
    Some of my comments are just me parroting his bitching.

Adept Sorcerer
    I actually have seen it. I have their website bookmarked. I became acquainted with Schwerpunkt Games while perusing Sugar Free's AAR of the Russo-German version. I have thought about getting it, but after awhile I'm overwhelmed by how many war games I have and do not actually play! Because who has the time to play them all?!

Neophyte Sorcerer
    To get the best out of Anglo German war you really need to play against a human opponent,it's not so good solo,even the manual admits to this.But going back to big manuals,it's 96 pages and comes with quick start and color reference card.

Abecedarian Mage
    More importantly, it was spiral bound and he makes them in his home so I was told. Truly a very well designed game, but yes, played against another human it makes a difference. Not for anyone that can't handle monster games though.
    Please don't go on about how cool it is I like wargames. It gets old.
    Some of my comments are just me parroting his bitching.

Mage’s Assistant
    Quote Originally Posted by H Gilmer View Post
    My interest in the Matrix catalog is waning a bit. I don't really see even older games I want. But, I am anxiously waiting the "War In The West" based on the WITE game engine. I'm definitely going to buy that one. I'm interested in the tactical development of Forge of Freedom, but I'm not that interested. World in Flames is another I am kind of waiting on.

Hopefully, one of the three will be out this year.
    I am enjoying beta-testing DC: Case blue. Personally, I still enjoy a lot of Matrix games.

Neophyte Sorcerer
    DC case blue is one game I'm definitly waiting for.

Administrator Administrator
    I don't own DC WtP however all I hear is great things about it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12